Sunday, November 19, 2006

surgery day



Tomorrow is hospital day for us. Matthew is going in to have his tonsils and adnoids taken out. I have already been talking to him about what to expect, since my last time with Trevor and the whole screaming ordeal.

I know he doesn't really understand most of what I am telling him, but I keep reinforcing that mommy and daddy will be there with him when he wakes up, and that he is going to be with people who will take care of him.

I have told him that I will help him put on his hospital gown, and then they will take him back, plus he will get to take George with him. (He is inseparable with this $1 spot George that he picked out MONTHS ago.) Then I told him about the mask that the nurse will use to help him fall asleep. (This was the BIG problem with Trevor.)

I'm sure it will all go well. The poor kid hasn't been sleeping well since he developed sleep aphnea because of the size of his tonsils, and the part that makes me feel better is that this should help prevent a worse reaction (heaven forbid) that he ever goes into anaphylactic shock over the peanut allergy again. The doctor said that if his throat started to close up, that with these gone that gives his airway that much more room for him to breathe. After the couple of times he has ended up in the ER because of peanuts, I'll take that added insurance.

I'll update tomorrow after we get home. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Kerry! I will keep him in my prayers! It's a good surgery. Better things ahead because of it! I missed you on Friday! You're tooooooooo sweet! I love you!

Anonymous said...

good luck at the hospital:) I'll be thinking about you:)

Lisa said...

good luck!!! i am sure everything will be fine!!

Unknown said...

Good luck to little Matthew. He'll feel so much better once this is over. :)