Saturday, November 25, 2006

Who needs sleep?

I hate it when the creative mind decides to start working in the middle of the night. I feel like I have been in a slump for the past couple of weeks. It is probably because I was stressed out about Matthew's surgery coming up, Thanksgiving, a photography session, and a million other little things that stress me out that shouldn't.

I haven't scrapped, or done anything since then.

Then last night, after a late night out doing some birthday yard decorating (love you Maddy!) all I could do was lay in bed, in the dark thinking of a million things that I want to do. (Or could it have been the large soda that I had around 10:30??) It doesn't help that Michelle bought stuff to make one kick butt family room. I think I decorated my entire house in my mind last night. Of course all with unlimited budget! That is the fun part about decorating in your head!

In my mind I was planning baby showers, layout ideas, decorating my house, Christmas shopping.... you name it. I couldn't turn my mind off. It didn't help that every couple of hours Matthew was still up complaining about his throat hurting and having weird nightmares. He is still having such a hard time recovering.)

So today I have a million little projects that I want to get started on. As crazy as I can make myself when I get like this, it feels good to be back to what is 'normal' for me. (Driving myself crazy, and stressing about silly things.) This could also be because I have spent the entire last week on the couch watching Thomas and Friends, Curious George and Cars over and over. I think today is the day.... to get some things done! Woohoo! Watch out Lowe's! (and Target!)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

espn some of that creative mojo over here woman!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending it now!! ;)

Michelle said...

"As crazy as I can make myself when I get like this, it feels good to be back to what is 'normal' for me. (Driving myself crazy, and stressing about silly things.)"

WORD!

Maddy said...

I HATE it when you can't get your brain to turn off. And it sounds like you have a million things on your plate! Enjoy the creative mojo! MWAH!

SuburbanMom said...

I'm totally with you. I have a million little projects to do. The problem that as soon as night hits and the kids are asleep and I actually have time, I turn into a zombie and I just want to curl up in my warm cozy bed with either my laptop or a book (or hubs if he is home :)