Sunday, February 18, 2007

a lesson in diversity.


I think I mentioned these two on valentine's day. My friend Jayme was laughing the other day when she was over and watching these two play together. Missy and Isis. I figured I should write a little something about them, because really they do make me laugh every single day.
Missy seemed a little sad for the couple of years that her dog friend Dixie (our beagle) had been gone. She was old and having health problems and had to be put to sleep. Missy, Dixie and Katie had grown up together since puppyhood.
Enter: The cat. I don't even know what it was that made me change my mind. I never liked cats. I had severe allergies to them when I was little, and even though it got 'better' as I grew up, I still got really itchy and sneezy around them. Better meaning that I didn't poof up and have a hard time breathing.
I started to notice within the past few years that I could stand being at a house with cats in it. Maybe this allergy was getting better. So we did it. We got a cat. Can I just say now that cats are awesome? They really are funky animals, and totally hysterical. We even added another one: Charlie Alpha Tango = CAT. We just call her Charlie. Charlie fetches, and meows when you even look at her. (She lives upstairs, since her and Isis don't get along at all.)
Anyway... I think Missy has found a new best friend. Isis. They are inseparable. They nap together, and play together. Isis will go up to Missy when she wants to play and chew on her tail, or rub up against her face and then leap back like, "OK, come chase me!" Missy, will chase her, and even put the cats head in her mouth and make noises like she is attacking her. To somebody who doesn't know that they are playing, you would think that they were killing each other.
The only time they get annoying is when you happen to be in the middle of the chase. I swear I have almost been knocked down by these two when they go running across the house or down a hall that I happen to be in at the same time.
Who would have thought that Missy the tough pig herding dog would have found such a little friend in a cat. I wonder if Dixie and Katie are up in doggie heaven wondering what in the world happened. Aren't dogs supposed to chase cats?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

that is so funny!! who would have ever thought we could live in a world with cats and dogs living together!! HA HA

Anonymous said...

You are right, the couches don't look very big in the pictures. They look really nice!

Michelle said...

I wish I would have been paying attention when I was there on friday. I know they were doing that but I was struggling with that stupid page and missed the fun!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooooooo....love the dogs and the couches! Not the cat! LOL

Anonymous said...

awww - they are so cute!

hope you are enjoying your new couches!

Unknown said...

They were hysterically funny Friday night. Thankfully, I wasn't scrapping, so I really enjoyed their show! ;)