Sunday, February 04, 2007

weekends.

Can I just say that this was a great weekend??

On Saturday we went out in the front of our house to ride bikes and scooters. Trevor for some reason hated riding his bike after the first time he learned how. He had a bad fall and was convinced that he wasn't going to ride it again until he was a teenager. After a little crying and coaxing, he finally got on it yesterday. Now of course, he LOVES it. (The first thing out of him this morning was asking when we were going to go for a bike ride.)

Then yesterday I finished painting Trevor's room (pictures soon to follow, but blogger isn't letting me post them for some reason.) We got his curtains hung and moved his video game stuff into its own 'gaming center.' Last night when he went to bed he told me how cool he thought his room was! That felt good, and I have to admit that I like hanging out in there now too.

Today Mike and Matthew went off to a super secret place. (I know where, but I'll reveal tomorrow.) So I had Megan and Trevor by myself. We went out for lunch and then did a little shopping. I kind of kept hoping that Trevor would forget about bike riding, but then I realized that I didn't have Matthew with me! So I could actually go on a bike ride past the front of our house! We took off on a 4 mile trip, over to a park where we played for a little bit and then rode our bikes back home. This made me realize how I can't wait until Matthew can ride his bike and we can do this more often. It felt soooooo good to be outside.

Tonight I am going to finish painting Matthew's room, so when he gets home tomorrow he'll be surprised that his room is done. Kind of like extreme kid room makeover. He isn't expecting it at all. Plus I plan on going to a pilot shop tomorrow and getting this really cool plane to hang from his ceiling.

It just feels SO good to have had such a nice weekend, and to have been able to have spent some really good time with the kids. :) I admit that sometimes we get so busy on the weekends that hours can go by with them doing nothing but watching TV or playing nintendo. I always feel guilty after a day like that, but sometimes that is the only way to get some of those big weekend projects done. They are just too little now to let them go outside without one of us being there.

Now, getting geared up for a new week! :) - and only 11 more days until new couches! Woohoo!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

how fun for everyone! that's the best part of winter in AZ--the great weather!

Anonymous said...

you have been busy!!

doesn't it feel good to get stuff done?

Anonymous said...

yay! glad you had a good weekend! can't wait to see pictures of your re-decorating! :)

Unknown said...

This has been perfect bike-riding weather! Glad you had fun!!