Friday, February 16, 2007

they're here!




In honor of Beth's post that was in honor of my post about couches... Haha!

It is funny that they don't look as enormous in the pictures as they really are. Even the delivery dudes said, "I didn't know they made couches this big!"

That leather recliner in the corner used to dwarf our other couches. - Or the recliner that I lovingly refer to as "Fraiser's dad's chair." Although this one isn't ugly or held together with duct tape. I don't know what a recliner ever did to me in the past, but I used to love on Fraiser how he hated his dad's chair. We would have gotten along just fine. I promised Mike that he could have his chair when we got our house someday. He never forgot.

Actually I do know... the recliner just throws a kink in my "must have everything line up" including furniture OCDness. BUT. I am learning to live with it, and actually do sneak sitting in it on the nights that mike is out of town. Shhhh!

I am so happy that these are HERE. I love them. These are finally ones that weren't handed down or bought in a pinch. I picked these out, I thought about them before hand and counted down the days until delivery, just like having a baby.

PLUS ... my scrap girls are coming over tonight! Which pretty much means that not much scrapping will be going on but more than likely eating a lot of sugary foods and holding Maddy's new baby girl Sadie. Who is finally making an appearance tonight! I get first dibs on holding!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

COUCHES!!!

Wahoo!!!!!

I am so excited for you. But I definitely expect you to be just as excited when my bedroom furniture arrives.

Lisa said...

those couches are awesome!! i wish i was there in person to sit on them!! waaa waaaa

Michelle said...

those couches are wonderful. And Kerry's right, they are enormous! And super comfy! They aren't the "pretty but you can't sit in them" kind of couches. They're more like "come...sit on me...sit down, relax, lay back and hang out for a bit, and if you fall asleep that's totally cool" kind of couches. That's a good trait is a sofa :)

Thanks again Kerry! I had a great time last night!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys!

Michelle, that is journaling right there baby! That is what I was hoping with those couches. My decision was made when I could have snuggle room with all of the kids at the same time. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for a roadtrip so I can sit on them!!

Unknown said...

I don't know if they're super comfy or not (I sat in the recliner, haha!), but they look super cool! And they are very big! But the room is big, so it needed their size.

Love the tree, too! I forgot to mention that the other night...