Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A what?!?!?!



My dog was in need of a bath. Big time. The thing is, she is not fun to give a bath to because she sheds SO badly after a bath that trying to catch the hair before it goes down the drain is a job for one other person. It has been too cold to give her a bath in the yard with the hose, and the mobile grooming people that we called last week never returned our call. So...



the other day I was in the car with Megan and Trevor. I had seen this car wash a thousand times when I passed it, and even 'thought' I had seen a sign that said SELF SERVICE PET WASH. Huh? Could that be right?



I turned in. I had to check this out.



Sure enough, along side the stalls to wash your car, are two stalls with a huge stainless steel sink and a ramp. A menu of shampoo/conditioning/flea & tick rinse, etc. Plus a "soothing" dryer to dry your pet. If you call hurricane force winds coming out of a vacuum hose 'soothing' to an animal I suppose. It gets the water out of their hair like those fan dryers at a car wash! Pretty cool!

So that was our big time family fun today. Take the dog to the self service pet wash. I'm not so sure that Missy had as much fun as the kids did, and yes, I had fun getting pictures of the whole ordeal. I highly recommend this for family home evening. ;)

And who knows.... maybe next week it will be the cats turn!!! (just kidding, for the animal rights people.) ;)











4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too funny! I love the photo with the "soothing dryer" on it! And you are too nice to your dog- we threw Riley in the pool on Saturday (to wet her down), then lathered her up and hosed her down in the backyard. And no soothing dryer for her; she was stuck with the sun for her dryer... :)

Lisa said...

where do you live? hollywood? that cracked me up! first of all megan is absolutely too grown up!!!

ok--now if the shumways decide to do a family self-wash for family home evening...

Michelle said...

That's a crack up! I can totally see how one would drive past that day after day not even realizing what it was.

Your story reminded me of something I'd long since forgotten. Forever ago I used work on the electrical drawings for Petsmarts. Specifically, I did the Grooming additions that many stores added. I was always amazed how they did it - and that no one (seemingly) ever got hurt - or killed.

Their grooming/bathing area is one huge room, with spayers lining the walls. directly adjactent to each spray hose were hair dryers. I had images of loving pet owners setting their beloved animals (I refuse to say fur babies LOL) into a giant bathtub and handed a 240 volt, 5000 watt hair dryer and being instantly ZAPPED to death.

but they'd be clean. :)





oh a side note - ANSWER YOUR EMAIL!!!!

Anonymous said...

That does look like a bit of doggy heaven! Sounds like a GREAT FHE activity.. Take care Tammi