Friday, October 03, 2008

Birthday day.



I really have to take some photos of the paper pages I've done lately. I promise I will. I've been a busy scrapper lately. Paper and digital.

So today is my birthday. It didn't even dawn on me at first when I woke up, took the dogs out into the backyard, freezed my butt off while they sniffed around, and came back in. Then Matthew who had been sleeping with me, woke up when the alarm wasn't turned off. He ran up and gave me a HUGE hug and kiss and said, "Happy birthday mommy!" I love kids' enthusiasm for birthdays. - I'm sure I would have remembered, but it felt sooo early.

I got some great notes from my kids. I'll have to post them, they seriously are great. Then got them all off to school.

I took a birthday nap, then went to Cincinnati to get gas and to go to IKEA for a few things I needed. By the time I got back to Kentucky, it was time to get Mike from the airport. Then soon after that the kids came home from school and then we went out for dinner. I couldn't get mexican food out of my mind, so we ended up at a place here. With ground beef tacos. Sigh..... It was good, but man do I miss Rositas. I'm seriously considering finding out if a to go order from Rositas could do a non rev flight from Phoenix to Cincinnati. Don't take your awesome mexican food for granted you AZ girls!

All in all, it was a great birthday, and I have some tv to watch tonight and plan on spending some time with some new scrap supplies. Mike is on England time still, so he's keeping me company by sleeping on the couch for awhile.

Love you all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Dear Kerry!
I hope your family treats you like a queen. You deserve it.

Love and birthday cake,
June

laura said...

happy happy happy birthday kerry! i miss you soooooo much!!!! i need to sit down and catch up on your LIFE!! i'll try to eat some good mexican food in your honor this weekend. love you lots and lots and miss you lots more!!!!

Maddy said...

Happy Birthday K-dawg! Love the LO! Hope your b-day included lots of scrapping -- and posting so I can copy it. I miss your inspiration!

jen paddack-hyde said...

Happy Birthday Kerry!!

I remember after i moved to California from Arizona that I couldn't find any good Mexican food here...it was all tex-mex.

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! OK- it's only belated on here since I already wished you a happy birthday yesterday in the email, but I had to post here, too. ;)

It sounds like you had a great day! Miss you!

Lisa said...

happy birthday!!! you know i love you. hey--i think you should fly in to phoenix, i'll meet you with rosita's and we can sit and eat and then you catch a flight home!!!

ok--and you are hereby sworn in as my official personal digi scrapper. just swap your photos out with mine!

Kaelene said...

Did you see my blog?? You got a birthday post all to yourself! I'm sorry that we can't just FedEx Rosita's out to you whenever you want it!
♥ ya!

Michelle said...

what all my girls said!!! :)

love you DAWG!!!