Wednesday, October 01, 2008

wednesday - Megan's project.

This is Megan's big project that we've been working on. She had to pick an indian tribe to do a report on, then build a model of their home. This is our funky version of a hogan. Complete with doughnut looking roof, and playmobile animals. Oh, and the indian is actually a cave person from Trevor's dinosaur set which I know she didn't ask if she could use. I'll have to point her to this post the next time she flips out that Trevor even GLANCED in the direction of her room, let alone took something from it without asking. ;)

It was fun to make though. Mike helped her with the foundation of the house and built the roof. Which Megan and I put plaster on and then painted to look like mud. Even though it reminds me of a doughnut and I want to eat it.

The dirt and the grass is from Hobby Lobby. I used to be a model railroader in a past life. I'm convinced of that, because I am fascinated with all of the miniature landscape stuff. I could have easily gone overboard and this indian family would have had the most plush landscaping ever. Perfect lawn and topiaries at the front door.

Since we were outside kind of early before the bus came I hoped to get a quick picture of Megan while we still have a week or so of her being 9. But then Trevor sat down really quick. Obviously Megan being the big sister waving her hands of, "What are you doing? You are in the middle of MY session!!!" Haha. Trevor looks like Jim Carrey for some reason. Honestly, he's a pretty handsome kid.

I got one after all, but then when I loaded these photos on the computer I noticed that big ol' bug on the door. I guarantee neither child would have sat there a few feet in front of it, smiling, if they knew it was there!


And one more of Matthew. Cuz he's cute.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

you have to buy grass and dirt? i thought that was one of the only free things left!!!!

your kids are way too cute!!

Kaelene said...

The bug thing makes me laugh! I wouldn't be found that close to one, either!

Michelle said...

that is one strange looking bug!