Wednesday, October 15, 2008

feeling nostalgic

I reallly should save posting these pictures for next week, when Matthew turns 6 years old. But I'm feeling nostalgic tonight and realizing that I can't stress to myself or anybody else...

TAKE. PICTURES. LOTS. OF. THEM.

Because before you know it.... this baby becomes a six year old, crazy, sweet, reading books on his own, bus riding first grade boy.

I realize when I look through these too that I don't have some of these things anymore. Like this fridge. We sold that before we moved to Spur a few streets over. Don't laugh at the elastic thingies around Matthew's legs. He was a heavy duty crawler and had red knees for the longest time because of that tile. I bought these things to pad his knees but they never stayed there. They always rolled down onto the bottom of his legs, and eventually onto his feet. Where he'd pull them off and put them right into his mouth. Ew. I wish I had that $4 back.

He still shops in the fridge like that. Typical boy. Some things never change, they just get taller.

I don't have that TV anymore either. This is also back when Megan was fascinated by her brother and didn't call him an idiot. (Which she knows is not appropriate!! But still throws it at him occasionally in a fit with steam coming from her ears.)

They both look sooooo little. So my message tonight... and to remind myself. The photos that you think are nothing - the everyday stuff - end up being the best ones after all. They are my favorite to go back to a time that I couldn't wait to get out of because of lack of sleep, but kind of wish didn't seem so far away from where we're at right now too. It all goes by so fast.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

my baby will be six in a few months too! boo hoo. those are some cute photos of matthew!

Michelle said...

don't you just look back at those old pictures and doubt it all? fighting with the facts in your brain that tell you that, yes, in fact, there were that small??!!

Kaelene said...

It's crazy how time flies . . . and I don't even have baby photos to remind me of that, yet!
I can't believe how much Matthew still looks the same, in the face!
Cute boy!

Maddy said...

Awww, he's so cute. Thanks for the reminder.