Thursday, October 09, 2008

Boo.



No amount of cruddy economic climate can squelch the Halloween spirit.

We were BOOed the other night! This is one of my favorite Halloween traditions, and usually one I seem to start in a neighborhood on October 1st, but I slacked this year. Good thing some other holiday over achiever lives here.

I got a great bowl full of candy, decorations and a few toys. The kids LOVED seeing what we got.

So, it is my turn tonight. Technically the rules are you are supposed to do two houses, but I wanted to stretch it one more so each of my kids could ring somebody's doorbell. They each got to pick out a friend's house that they are going to ding dong ditch and leave behind our BOO baskets. My photography skills are lacking today, there are three baskets in that photo.

It's really not as extravagant at it looks, most of this stuff is from last year's Halloween clearance at Target. Like the ceramic pumpkin I know I probably paid $2 for, dish scrubbers and things I know I got for .25 each, gel window clings, pencils, notepads etc. It's my favorite way of being able to really load up a halloween basket. (No worries, the Pillsbury Halloween cake mix and frosting is from this year!)

I felt frustrated in the Halloween aisle not being able to do a million more. I swear, next year I am going to do at least 25 houses. That's my plan. I love Halloween, and I know how much fun my kids and I have both receiving and especially the fun of leaving them at a door and hiding.

Now I'm just waiting for the sun to go down. Bwahahahahaaaaa.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

only you would put cleaning supplies in a boo basket. i love it!

Kaelene said...

I ♥ ♥ ♥ your basket items! Too bad nobody knows you there, as well as we do -- they'd be able to guess who you are, because of the cleaning supplies!
And, I'm sure you checked the expiration date on the cake mix, right??? Bwahahahahaaha