Sunday, October 12, 2008

One more.

One more for the day, since it's still her birthday. I spent most of the day thinking about the changes in the past ten years since Megan was born. She is amazing, and such a joy in my life. I love her beyond words.

She woke up early this morning and opened some of her presents. One model horse and some new clothes and jewelry. Then we went to Cincinnati for some errands and shopping, and then finally to a tack store where she was going to buy another horse she's been wanting since last Christmas. We had looked at this tack store last week since we heard it sold Breyer horses, and she about died when she saw THE horse she had been wanting. They put it on hold so she could go and buy it today.

We made a huge dinner and she invited a friend over to join us. After dinner and her friend going home, she asked me about taking a walk with her. This girl is kicking my butt. Since she started Girls On The Run, she reminds me that she made a commitment to healthy living and getting exercise everyday so my lazy rear end could make the commitment to go with her every now and then. She's mean. She's a drill sergeant. You wouldn't think it by looking at her, but she makes me RUN. She knows I'm old and falling apart, so she's easy on me. She says I need to walk with a purpose and then she'll pick 'landmarks' in which we'll run. So she'll see stop sign coming up and say, "OK mom. When we reach the stop sign we are going to slow jog until the next streetlight." She's killing me.

I keep reminding her to be easy on me. I mean, it would be hard for her to carry me piggyback back to the house if I fall or just wear out. She's still smaller than me.

We were laughing so hard tonight because there was this little tiny woman who kept jogging past us. I don't know how she did it, but then she would end up lapping us!! She'd pass us, then come out of some corner street and run past us again. Each time we would start laughing so hard we'd both end up gasping for air! Stupid little jogger lady making me look bad. We'd hear her feet coming out from the dark and just start laughing.

So yeah... apparently *I* have made the commitment also. If you don't see a new blog post in a week, you know she's killed me with healthy living.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

happy birthday megan!!! don't kill your momma please. and don't let her run to the mcdonalds to get her fix! LOL

Kaelene said...

Happy Birthday, Megan! Way to be a good example for your mama! GO KERRY!!! Just remember to breathe!!! :)

Maddy said...

She's so pretty! And has the BEST hair. Your family is so lucky when it comes to hair!!

I love that she is making you run. Way to go Megan!

Jamie said...

Sounds like she's would make a great personal trainer. Happy Birthday to her. She looks so grown up now and it starting to look a lot like you, Kerry. :)