Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas movies



I have learned that being prepared for Christmas early makes for a more happy mommy. I started my shopping before Thanksgiving this year, and have been wrapping presents the past couple of weeks. So instead of stressing about so much to do, we've actually been able to enjoy things that I usually tend to blow off. Like Christmas movies....

We've watched our usual, Elf (The best one!) and the made for TV ones of the kid's favorite shows (icarly, Drake & Josh) I don't know what made me think of it the other day, but I realized the kids had never seen Home Alone. So with the beauty of Tivo, it recorded and we all watched it together last night. I don't think I've seen this movie since Mike and I saw it in the theaters YEARS ago. I forgot how funny it is. But even funnier than watching the movie was watching how my kids reacted to it. They loved it, and I laughed harder listening to them laugh so hard they'd start choking. That is a sign that something is dang funny to them. Nothing is better than belly laughs from kids. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh- we love that movie! And Home Alone 2-4, as well. We can't help but stop and watch whenever we come across one of them while flipping thru the channels...

Enjoy!

m = michelle said...

modern classic for sure!!!

and can I tell you how jealous I am that you're like done?! I'm leaving right now to continue SHOPPING! Haven't even started wrapping. I'm a moron! haha

Maddy said...

I think I've been saying this for years as you all mock me for getting ready for Christmas in June!

We watched Home Alone during Thanksgiving Break and the kiddos LOVED it!