Saturday, December 27, 2008

random

LOL at Maddy's comment on my last post. Totally different than being snowed in here today.... I bet that Phoenix is actually colder than we are. How a place can have snow last week, be in the midst of an ice storm on Monday and Tuesday and then be in the 70's today is FREAKY.

Really, it is gorgeous out today. In the mid 70s and breezy. According to my little weather map on the side of my blog, a huge green blob is approaching the tri state area, so I guess we are supposed to get some rain tonight and it will start cooling off again later this week, but today is the perfect day to be out cleaning out the garage or doing anything outdoors.

Christmas was nice. I promised I'd post some pictures for the fam, but right now I am kicked off of my computer and using Mike's laptop. You know what it is like when the kids are home for a vacation... the computer isn't mine until they are in bed. Which makes me rethink why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to have a computer game to share for Christmas! ;)

So I'll update with some photos soon. I'm kind of glad Christmas is over. I was happy, but also felt a little off this year. I have no idea why. I think I always feel like this at Christmastime. I was in bed with Matthew at the end of the day, playing with his hair and listening to him talk. I just started crying. For a myriad of reasons....

The day was a nice one.
Mike was home for Christmas thanks to a delayed start with his new job.
Matthew going on and on about santa.
Loving the view out my window and loving Kentucky.
Feeling grateful for having a home when so many people are suffering right now because of this economy, and the lack of security I've felt about it over the past several months, and that cautiously feeling like I might be able to finally exhale.
Missing my family back home.
Missing my friends back home.
Realizing last year I talked to my grandma on the phone on Christmas and then losing her this year.

Just the changes in general. Good and bad. I think it is just overwhelming that you realize another year has come and gone (and trust me I am so incredibly happy to put this crappy one behind me!! Good riddance.) The whole passage of time thing. I'm not nervous about the future, in fact I look forward to it, but I also enjoy every moment that too soon becomes the past.

You just can't help but feel it smacks you upside the head at the end of the year.

Plus I think we spend so much time with anticipation, work and planning for Christmas that when the day is over you feel kind of ... off balance. At least I do. Or it could also be that the amount of garbage and new toys taking over my lower level has me hyperventilating and the OCD in me must have it put away and organized!! The organizing of it all is my favorite part!

Happy holidays still..... I'm in the camp that just because the day is over doesn't mean that the holidays are over. There's still another week and then we get to start it all over again.

Best wishes for a new and much better 2009!!

1 comment:

Kaelene said...

I totally agree with you, Kerry! About feeling off balanced at the end of the day on Christmas day, AND about bidding good riddance to this CRAPPY year! Bring on the new, with my NEW attitude! Woo hoo