Monday, December 22, 2008

Proof

Here is proof, for my kids to someday be able to say that they had to walk uphill both ways, in the snow to get to school. Because in the morning, they go up the hill to the corner to get on the bus, and in the afternoon they get dropped off down the hill and have to walk uphill to the house.

So someday they can honestly tell their children how hard they really had it. ;)


These pictures were from last week. All of that snow is gone now. BUT it is 4 degrees outside right now. That is not a typo. I didn't forget a number 1 or anything. Four freaking degrees. AND the 'real feel' with the wind chill is a sweet 16 below 0.

If you know me, I get obsessed with the weather talk. I remember every year around this time I would watch the news in Phoenix and see these temps back east and wonder how in the heck human beings lived in that. It didn't seem real. But here I sit, realizing that they indeed do. At least it is officially Christmas vacation, and we are all snug inside. It's still kind of an adventure for us.

Stay warm!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brrrr! I'm seriously cold just looking at the photo. 107 is not so bad. 107 is not so bad. 107 is not so bad...

;

Maddy said...

Well it's rainy here if it makes you feel any better. I don't think I've ever had a rainy Christmas in AZ before :(