Thursday, December 04, 2008

get comfy.

Can you stand a few more? Funny that my mom wanted to see this and she is doing her civic duty this week and hasn't been on her computer much. Jury duty. Bummer.

Yay, I'm finally in a part that looks like we really do have a place to sit down. Haha!
Here is my kitchen.


Now I'm standing in my kitchen, where there is a little dining area between it and the family room. The arcadia door leads to the deck, which is high above the yard in the back. Even though you walk in the front door and this is all on the same floor, the backyard is on such a hill that in the back of the house here, you are actually on the second floor of the house, with the basement below. There's a pretty big set of stairs to climb from the deck to the yard. Ask me how much I love those stairs after I've fallen on my butt from ice this winter.
But it's also nice because that large window in our family room is high up, so I get a nice second story view and never worry about anybody being directly outside.
My lonely scrapping table. I used to kind of hate that it had nicks and scratches in it from serious crafting... I thought I would DIE if Martha Stewart or the Queen Of England came by and saw my poor little table and yes this really used to stress me out. (those who know this table's history know that it's had a hard life, so it isn't exactly an heirloom, lol!) but now I look at those dents made from serious eyelet hammering at midnight, cuts from exacto knives and Stayzon ink smears and remember the good times at that table. *waving to the girls!!!*

I have to say that at first that fireplace smack in the middle of the room bugged me. I hated having the tv at an angle and cursed the person who made the fireplace the focal point of the room. (How dare they!! Don't we all decorate around the TV?!?) But that sucker isn't for decorative purposes... that fireplace puts out some serious heat which makes it really nice when we are all on the couch snuggling and watching TV together. We've made friends. I love the fireplace now. It can sit wherever it wants to as long as it keeps me toasty.

So that is downstairs. There is a laundry room, and a garage... pretty exciting stuff there. But for the most part this is where we are. If I'm feeling brave I might post some pictures of upstairs. ;)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

first of all--why the freak does your house look like a model home? could you photograph it with one dirty dish or one toy out!!! curses to you mrs. clean.

oh--i miss that table. i miss us all scrapping around it. ok--i miss you a little bit too. but i really miss the table.

Kerry said...

Oh trust me, it has it's moments. I took these pictures awhile ago, it had to have been during the first week of school when I had the house to myself.

the upstairs is where all the train tracks are that we trip over ALL THE TIME.

- and my table misses you. I don't that much, but my table does. ;)

m = michelle said...

where's the dog? LOL