Monday, December 01, 2008

a little tour....

I have had a couple of people email me, and my mom has asked several times for pictures of the inside of my house. Being that there is not much to blog about, here we are. Some photos I took not too long after we moved in. So bear with the blank walls... which most are still pretty blank...

It's not spectacular, infact it's mostly empty of furniture when you walk in because of the whole Penske fiasco moving out here and us needing to ditch a lot of our furniture in Phoenix, but it's home. A little history of it though, before us one of the Cincinnati Bengals lived in it. I can't remember his name, but our house is called 'the football house' to the neighbors. This is of course before he started making 16 million per year...lol, then our little house was too little for him. Sigh...

This is coming through the front door. My wreath just got switched for a Christmas wreath. And that wall where the plant is sitting on the floor is where my someday entryway table will go. With a lamp, and a gorgeous mirror above it, and all sorts of entryway goodies...but hey, not being able to get a table there for awhile makes cleaning easy. LOL! But I like to picture all that in my head, like the cover of Southern Living magazine. Yeah... just picture that. You can go three ways when you enter the house from the front, which frankly is a pain in the ass when you are calling for one of the kids, and you go one way and they are going another. You end up both walking in a big circle around the staircase yelling for each other. Until I yell, "Stop where you are and I'll catch up with you!" If you go to the right.... there is the living room/dining room. It's our living room because we kept knocking our heads on the chandelier so we put up a dome light, and now it's an empty room. Void of furniture. Again, picture in your mind the most fabulous of living rooms from a Southern Living magazine. Haha. Because that's what I picture when I'm vacuuming and cleaning around my pretend furniture. ;)

Or, you look directly up the stairs and everybody's rooms are up there.

This is looking towards the door. There are two closets that flank the front door. I thought that was nice for storage until I realized that winter coats are puffy and take up most of one closet when they are hung up. I'm learning winter as I go. So some of my original storage ended up being moved into the basement.
This is standing in the living room, but the cabinet there is in a little nook in the hallway. You can kind of peek into the office, which is when you turn left when you come in the front door. It's part of our circle of, "Where are you!?!?"

Now I'm in the family room, which looks through a big opening into the office. I see little boys on the computer, more than likely playing Rollercoaster Tycoon together. (Their current obsession.)

I'll post more. If anybody wants to see....
But my mom specifically wanted to see where I sat when I was on the computer emailing her. Out that window right there is where I look out and take the pictures of my view of the street that I've had on my blog before. Which right now is dark. One neighbor has up Christmas lights.
So that's it. It's terribly boring around here right now. Which is not such a bad thing given how crazy life is most of the time. I'll take the boring. ;)
We're all crossing our fingers for some snow tonight! There is talk of ACCUMULATION! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tour! I feel like I've been there now. :)

Good luck with the snow watch! Are your tv stations full of updates about nothing like ours are during the monsoon? :P

Kerry said...

LMAO Beth!! Yes!! I notice that they do the same "let's talk to the random person stopped at the gas station and ask them what they think about all this snow!" shot. Along with the ruler in the snow (so I've heard for later on) and the poor weatherguy standing out in a parking lot in the snow.

I miss the Phoenix rain shot of the parking lot puddle with sprinkles. :( Rain isn't as big of a deal here I guess. Haha!

I miss talking weather with you! We're such geeks.

Kaelene said...

Even if you are geeks, it's good to know that you are geeks together! Ha ha ha