Tuesday, December 02, 2008

come on in, don't be shy....

So here is more to my tour. If you are interested read on, otherwise I know this is terribly boring. Unless you have voyeuristic tendencies. Haha!

Now I'm standing in my kitchen, looking out into one part of the big circle around the staircase. The house is basically a long rectangle. If I was as crafty as Michelle, I'd build a model, including my pretend furniture and then photograph it. (Michelle is a little OCD in house model building, so she knows I love her and am picking on her and her talent.) ;)

Oh lookie there, I felt good enough on one day to commit to putting a picture up. It takes me years to do that, so this is a huge step. LOL.
My mom said that she likes seeing things that she recognizes from my old house. Remember where that L.A. picture was before? Quiz time.


and my empty living room. The lampshade fell victim to the move, and since the couches are now gone there is no reason to have extra light in there. So it lives in the basement for now. There used to be a pretty chandelier hanging in the middle of this room, but it has been replaced after about the hundredth time of my cussing at it after hitting my head on it. It's in the basement keeping the lamp company.
Those pictures will go back up on my wall eventually too.


So that's that area of the house. Stay tuned... dun dun dun.... for the next post which will be... kitchen and family room! Woohooo!!


6 comments:

m = michelle said...

LMFAO @ "<-dog"

god you kill me!!!! and yes, I am OCD about models. I am building one in my head with every update :)

Lisa said...

yeah--the dog label killed me too! i love it. very cute house.

Unknown said...

Quiz time:

The wall next to the sliding glass door- behind the chair that everyone fights for...

Piper deserves to be labeled by her name. She's so dang cute! You can tell she's just watching you wander around with your camera like you're nuts or something. ;)

Kerry said...

Beth wins! LOL! Why does that not surprise me! And extra credit for mentioning it is by the chair everybody fought for! You never cease to amaze me. ;)

Yeah, Piper pretty much thinks I'm nuts anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Tracie Farmer, I live in Las Vegas, and we have a mutual friend her name is Shanna Vineyard (some of us know her as Shanna Lamb).

I have an idea and I am hoping for just a bit of help. I have been friends with Shanna for over 14 years, she is one of my greatest lifelines. I check in with Shanna daily through one of her blogs, Etsy shop, or send /receive emails daily. She is one of my most creative, hilarious, Dr. Pepper addicted friends I have. And yes she will probably kill me. But the crumbiest thing has happened, her computer crashed last weekend, and as many of you have noticed POOF no Shanna :(. I know how upset she has been about having to treck down to the library, and heaven knows when she has the time with a new baby, 5 girls and the childcare kiddos. I am missing the "Shanna Vineyard" element in my life.

In light of this holiday season I have decided to forego sending Shanna a Christmas card and instead I am going to send a little computer donation of 4 or 5 bucks to her Paypal account.

Maybe, just maybe if enough of us do this we can save a few trees and get Shanna back to blogging and posting some beautiful cards and craft ideas.

Please respond if you have any better ideas or tips, and forward this to anyone you know that loves our dear friend Shanna.

I hope there aren't any objections and hopefully this can be a sweet surprise the next time she trecks to the library and signs into her Paypal account!!!
All you need to do is make a payment at www.paypal.com to Shannalamb@cox.net.

God Bless
Happy Holidays
Tracie Farmer
(Shanna's friend from Vegas)

Maddy said...

Oooooh, I love it. Your white armoire looks so pretty!!! More more pictures!