Friday, December 12, 2008

Archivers!

Little did I know that where I go to do some of my shopping across the river, that just a little itty bit further north on the freeway sits an ARCHIVERS!

I cannot even begin to tell you how exciting it was to be surrounded by scrapbooking materials again. Manufacturers I recognized, old standbys, new stuff.... I wanted to fall to my knees and cry.

I bought some of the new Bazzil dotted cardstock. How could they have come out with something so perfect after me leaving Arizona? What a tease it was to keep seeing it used on layouts online. But now I have some...which I'm sure I'll hoard and hyperventilate before making that first cut. You know the feeling.

I loved seeing all of the new stuff that I have seen online since moving. New KI lace cardstock, the plastic looking scalloped papers, everything. I was in my element. It was goooooood.

Now I am armed with some new adhesive, and a bit of new paper to keep me happy. So I guess this means you'll have to ignore my last post of being scrappy frustrated.

It is beginning to snow, which also gives me the perfect excuse for not leaving the house so maybe I'll get to play around a little today. :)

On a side note, I saw on CNN this morning that there are 19 days left in the year. That seems so hard to believe. As happy as I am to bid farewell to this past year, it still shocks me when I realize that another one has gone by.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Can't wait to see what you make! Someone posted on their blog today starting the 12 days till Christmas. Talk about FREAK OUT! Not that I'm not ready -- but I do have to scrap some pages for my mom and they are just sitting there waiting for life to calm down. MUST SCRAP! Need Kerry to paper scrap so I can scraplift. Could you make it something with 3 vertical 4x6 picture please?? Oh and one with a lot of wallet size pictures as well. Thanks!

m = michelle said...

I just hyperventilated for you!!!

Kerry said...

Oh can you imagine?!?! I couldn't breathe. It's like being away for a year on Survivor and then going to a food court in the mall.

Except...nobody to gasp at cute things with. That part of scrap shopping wasn't quite the same. :(

Maddy, I'll get right to work for you. ;)

Unknown said...

I hyperventilate plenty enough for the both of us whenever I shop with Maddy, Kerry. No need to miss it! I practically pass out every time I try and imitate her... ;)

I love that you have an Archiver's near you- that's so awesome! That's one store I would love to visit some day. Do they still serve cookies? Or was that only when the store first opened?

Can't wait to see what you create!