Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's still hot

Today we met my sister and her two sons at Peter Piper Pizza. We haven't seen each other in a long time, and that seemed like a good kid friendly place to meet and be able to talk a little bit. Her boys have gotten so big! One is going into 8th grade, and the other is going to be a sophomore next year! Holy cow.

My kids were THRILLED to hang out with their big cousins. Plus Steven and Jonathan won a ton of tickets that they gave to my kids. I lost track of how many we had, somewhere around 600! So my kids got to do a little shopping. Funny how that much money in tokens bought two slinkys, 3 yo yo's, a couple of lollipops and about 30 little plastic dogs that Megan wanted so badly. (She was hoping for 99 of them!) We still have some tickets left over, but we'll take them back again soon.

Of course you would think one purpose of going to a pizza place would be to eat. My kids were so excited that between the three of them, one piece was eaten. I was hoping to get out of making dinner tonight, but of course once we got home they were telling me how starving they were!!

It was nice to get out of the house though. This time of year you just have to look for indoor things to do. I can't wait until the fall when I renew my membership to the zoo. I'll have two kids in all day school, so Matthew and I plan on spending a lot of time there this year. It is hard to believe that will be in a few months! Yay!

Nothing exciting here. :) - but sometimes that is a good thing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohh! I haven't eaten at Peter Piper Pizza in at least 8 years!!! My family had pizza there every Saturday night...

Anonymous said...

tell me about it, sooooooooooo hot

Love PP -- Maddy

Lisa said...

aloha!!! no peter piper here in HAWAII!!! :) but some damn good shaved iced!!!