Thursday, July 06, 2006

scrapping time!



Whew. I finally got several projects finished that were due for Devine Memories, plus an album that my mother in law asked me to put together for my father in law's birthday coming up. I finally got to do a little somthing for myself. I don't mind the challenge of having to do stuff for other people...I don't think I can ever get tired of scrapping! It is too much fun getting to play with paper and fun, fun stuff!

This page has roots from CKU last year. Every teacher who had an album track would come in and design a 8x8 page, then we were supposed to put them in an album and *tada* have a complete album with pages from each teacher.

The thing is, by the time everybody had come in and given us all of the supplies to do the pages, they didn't seem to all look good together. Not a big deal, some designers you like better than others. So I decided I was just going to take that time to relax for the first time the whole weekend (you CKU alumni know that is a rarity!! LOL!) then I just put all of the goodies aside.

This was somewhat from Heidi's class. Cute page that she did. All of the letters were on some sort of envalope so you could tuck reciepts in them. I don't save reciepts. Who needs the evidence laying around anyway! ;)

So still having my painted letters, and using scraps that were laying on my table tonight (plus one sheet of new Cactus Pink that I couldn't wait to use!) Lately I am ALL ABOUT getting rid of all of the stuff that I seem to have accumulated. Use it or pitch it, right? So I did this version instead. Just a fun one for the night because I felt like scrapping but wasn't up to a hard core page. This one is going in my album that is all about me. I'm doing it in 81/2 x 11 just for fun.

The journaling says: It isn't a secret. In fact, it is probably safe to say that most women love shopping. It must have something to do with our primitive selves that used to go out and gather. That is what I am doing. Gathering. Gathering stuff from Target, the mall, scrapbook stores, etc.

Even more fun than shopping in itself is the thrill of the hunt. Looking for those awesome little orange price tags at Target that only mean one thing - clearance. I stalk the end caps like a lioness hunting for prey. Mike teases me that half of our home is decorated with things that once came to the house with an orange tag on it. He's probably right. I admit it, I love to shop.

****

BTW, if I owe anybody an email or a phone call...I promise I haven't forgotten about you! Trevor was sick for awhile and then we have been catching up the past couple of days. :)

Later chicas! And nighty night!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

super cute. I love the jornaling! "lioness hunting her prey!" CLASSIC!!! I do think of you every time I'm in Target. :)

Heidi's page has envelopes for receipts??? I don't remember that! :0 I still haven't done anythign with those letters either. Maybe I will now :)

Lisa said...

how cute is that??? I love it!! all that pp together is yummy! and i love the painted letters. you like to shop at target? hmmm, didn't know that! ;)

Anonymous said...

that is adorable, kerry! those big letters are rocking!

i hope trevor is feeling better! :)

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS KERRY!!!! I love love love that! Great job girlfriend! Sorry I've been MIA!

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous Kerry:) Love the journaling:)

Unknown said...

Awesome! And I love your theory on Gathering- it works for me!!

I hope Trevor didn't get The Sickness! And I hope he's all better by now. :)