Monday, July 17, 2006

Neat thing

I'm just trying to kill some time before we take Megan to cheer camp today.

I forgot about this really cool program that Lisa gave me a long time ago. It is called The Journaler's Sidekick, from CK. It has literally hundreds and hundreds of topics and journaling prompts for when you get in a rut.

If you actually keep up with it, it will ask you a question everyday. Or you can pick a random question. Then it saves it all for you in one spot so you can go back and read them like a journal.

I read some of my older entries from a few years ago. This is what is so cool about writing about things that seem so ordinary or mundane. You just keep going on in life, sometimes forgetting some of the things that were part of who you were not too long ago.

One I read in particular was: It is 2:00 in the afternoon, what are you usually doing?

I wrote about this topic not too long after Matthew was born. I was talking about how he usually takes a nap around that time, and how much Trevor was starting to talk! Wow! Plus I was saying how usually around 2:00 we were picking Megan up from KINDERGARTEN! Man, that seems almost like a lifetime ago, now that I have a third and a first grader... and my youngest is 3! Life really does happen in the blink of an eye.

This program is pretty cool too because it will ask you questions to write about like:

What has been your greatest sorrow?
What has been your greatest joy?
What did your grandfather do for a living?
Describe a sound from your childhood.
Did you have a bicycle? What was it like?

Some are obviously more thought provoking than others, and some are just neat things. I have fond memories of my pink bike with the glittery banana seat. I used to cut up straws to put on the spokes so it made a cool noise when I rode it. See? Some goofy things, but I hadn't thought about that bike in YEARS. - Or other things that I like to remember and put down somewhere. Whether it is in a journal, a scrapbook page or maybe this blog. If anybody wants some of the questions, I can email them to you. :)

And it did its purpose today. It helped me kill some time, and I think I might use some of the journaling on a page to do later.

I plan on doing some scrapping later since I placed a big order at Costco last night! Woohoo!!! Later!

No comments: