Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Adios summer!



School starts tomorrow! You would think that I would be happy since it has gotten harder and harder to keep the kids entertained as the weeks went by, and the constant arguing has driven me crazy. But for some reason I am feeling somewhere between sad and anxious. Sad that two of my kids are going to be gone all day, and anxious I suppose because I want everything to be awesome for them this year.

Today we went out and did some errands together. Megan has been working for the past few weeks towards a denim cropped short sleeve jacket thing that she really wanted for school. So we went to the store to get it. Then we went to Target. (yay!) I found a blow up pool on clearance for $2. I just couldn't pass that up. I mean, for $2 they can use it once and I could throw it away if I wanted to.

The kids ended up spending a couple of hours out on the patio playing in this little pool. Heck, it is even worth the $2 for the cute pool pictures I got of them! - But at least to them, the summer ended on a pretty high note.

Tomorrow it is going to be just Matthew and I. I'm not even sure what I am going to do! I think it is going to feel like I am missing my right arm or something.

Well, here is to a brand new school year. I think I'll even feel better when I hear how the first day went tomorrow afternoon. You just know I'll be at the bus stop 20 minutes early, waiting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a super-fantabulous day! Go buy yourself something at the scrap store for those awesome photos you got in the blow-up pool. :)

Maddy said...

Enjoy your day of semi-freedom!

Love those photos.