Saturday, August 26, 2006

Frustrated.

I am frustrated today. I don't really know why. I think I have a lot of things that I really want to do, but it is still so hot.

Our summers are like the rough winters back east. Instead of being snowed in, we are 'sunned in.' I am so tired of the inside of my house and the inside of my car.

Today is Saturday and I want to accomplish something. I want to clean out the garage that has been a catch all since the weather got warm. I have actually cleared a path from the door to our cars though. You just have to wade through bikes, scooters, boxes that need to be broken down and put in the recycle can....etc.

I want to wash my car. I want to take my kids to the park. I want my kids to be able to go out in the backyard and play. I really really want to start painting the inside of my house in the rooms that have been patiently waiting since we moved in last year. I want to open windows and feel that awesome fall breeze! Man, I sound like such a whiner....but we have definitely reached that part of summer when you just want to go outside and scream: ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Maybe this is stemming from the fact that I really want to go out and get some fresh pictures of the kids and play with my camera. But hot whiney kids don't make for good subjects. ;)

I adore FALL. Even though we don't really get FALL in the traditional sense of leaves turning colors and falling off of the trees. (We kind of get one day they are green, the next day they are brown and dead, the next day they are all over the ground, and then you look at bare sticks that resemble trees for several months....pretty in its own AZ fall kind of way.) Fall just smells so good, and I love cardigan sweaters. I live in them! Jeans, Tshirt and a cardigan sweater.

I love when those little pumpkins start showing up in the produce section at the grocery store. I love pumpkins, so I tend to buy a lot of these. What is cuter than fat, round, bright orange pumpkins?!?!

Not to mention October is a fun and busy month in our family. Three of us have birthdays in October.

Well, I'm not trying to be a downer, I just don't know what I want to do today and I am really hoping for a change of seasons soon!

Or I could just go turn the AC down to 70 degrees. ;)

9 comments:

Kim said...

odd that your feeling this way, since most of us around here are! i've been thinking about my garage also. my son asked yesterday how much longer it was going to be hot. not really sure. just looking forward to the cooler weather. next week would be great for me!

Lisa said...

it's even a little warm here--bummer after a nice rainy cool week here! hope it will cool off soon. i love pumpkins too!

Anonymous said...

LOve the layout below. I wish it would cool down too. I am with ya SISTA! I hope you accomplish something fun this weekend. Tammi

Jamie said...

Aw Kerry, sounds like you have cabin fever. The perfect remedy would be to come visit me where it is going to get down to 48 tonight.

Hang in there only a little over a month to October.

Kerry said...

Jamie! What time can you pick me up?? Ha ha! That sounds like perfect weather to me right now.

SuburbanMom said...

I don't know how you handle the heat. When we had our intense heatwave here I nearly died. I was such a wimp. I couldn't even clean the house ;) (oh, but we have no a/c either...so I'm not a total wimp)

Maddy said...

UGH! I hear you. Although I spent all Daturday cleaning out the office. I can't believe how much garbage I threw out. The closet is preactically empty!

Now I wish it would cool off enough to do the garage and my backyard!

Anonymous said...

I here ya girly!

Anonymous said...

you can just come here, kerry - much closer than WA, and if we go to the coast... it is in the 80's during the day! :)

sorry you are frustrated - i feel ya, my friend! *muah*