Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First day of school!




Do these kids look like they are just a little excited about going back to school today? Man, seeing these pictures compared to last year just reminds me of how fast they are growing. I plan on taking their pictures by that gate every year so I can see how much they change from year to year.

This morning went by really smooth. I was grateful. Last night we had a huge storm that ended up with all three kids in our bed because the thunder was so loud. So I don't think anybody really got a good night's sleep.

Now Matthew and I are trying to decide what to do with our day. I have some errands I need to get done, plus I am trying to keep my mind off the fact that Mike is doing a cross country flight today. He is flying to San Diego for lunch. Luckyyyyyyy. <---- insert Napoleon Dynamite voice.

It seems eeriely quiet right now. :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike is doing a cross country flight today. He is flying to San Diego for lunch.

Um; Kerry? When did Phx-SD become cross country? The US has shrunk! Forget those east-coasters; they don't count in Kerry's world! Hahahaha!

That storm woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep either. And the humidity is way up now. Grr....

Cute photos!!

Anonymous said...

the kids look so cute:)

wish I could fly down to SD for lunch:) although it so beautiful here I should just enjoy my own town...

Kerry said...

Well, you have to remember Beth...cross country in a small plane. With no restrooms. Cross county might mean as far as you can fly before you need a potty break! ;)

nah, I asked him why they call it that too, and I can't remember the 'technical' definition. One of those things he starts trying to tell me and it all sounds like greek to me.

Jen...I promise if he ever goes up to Monterey I AM SITTING IN THE BACK SEAT! We'll do lunch!

One hour and a half in counting before my kids get home from school!!!

Maddy said...

I think the freaking storm woke everyone up at 4:30 this morning.

And speaking of LUCKKKKYYYY, I am sure you enjoyed the day with just Matthew in tow. Just a few more weeks and you'll have a few glorious hours of freedom. Just hold on!

Anonymous said...

you should've jumped on that plane and had lunch with me!!!!

Anonymous said...

The kids look SO happy, even if they are headed for school. I love your idea of taking their picture in front of the gate every year.

Gosh, Mike is just flying more and more! Really neat. Is he getting his required hours in at this point? What's the next step? Have him fly you to Seattle! Hmmm, come to think of it, this could really work to our advantage. He could shuttle you and Beth for us.

Lisa said...

your kids look so grown up!! how cute are they!!! hey--put beth and i on mike's next "cross-country" trip to yuma!! :)

JAFP said...

OK the definition of cross-country:

A flight between two or more points in excess of 50 nautical miles that terminates with a landing to a full-stop.

I bet everyone is relieved to know that!

Unknown said...

A flight between two or more points in excess of 50 nautical miles that terminates with a landing to a full-stop.

So if you did a typical California stop (where you coast thru), it wouldn't technically count as a cross-country trip, right? Hehehe.

And no trips to Yuma for me, Lisa. Every time we take the 8 to or from SD, Sean makes us stop there so he can relive his youth. Ugh. It's a pit!

Anonymous said...

OMIGOODNESS!!!!!!! I have missed your blog!!!!! Such cuteness!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »