Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It is hard to believe that summer vacation is over! As much as it seemed to drag, looking back it went by really quick. All those times I was wishing school would start so my kids wouldn't be bored, (or they were just driving me plain crazy!) and now I am starting to feel a little sad that two of them will be gone all day.

We went to 'meet the teacher' night last night. Both kids have awesome teachers! I am so relieved about that.

We went to Trevor's classroom first. He had to find his name and put it on whatever desk he wanted to sit at. He looked around, and all of a sudden started doing that little squeaky noise he makes when he is happy.... he found a friend from last year to sit by. I noticed the little grouping of desks was all boys. That is good, he'll probably be able to make some friends pretty quickly on the first day of school.

When we left I asked him if he liked his new room and what he thought of his teacher. He looked at me, with a huge smile and said, "My teacher is pretty!" I can tell that he feels very comfortable about starting school.

Megan's teacher knew who she was from last year. He talked to her for a little bit, and then she had to pick out her desk. Unfortunately, since we spent so much time in Trevor's room, most of the desks had already been picked. Would you believe who she is sitting next to? Evil girl. Yes, out of so many 3rd grade classes.... and so many desks in one room....she is with evil girl this year. I am hoping that it will be a good thing and they will have to work out whatever problem seemed to be going on during the summer. My only concern is that the other little girl who is the go between is in this class too.

So...as of tomorrow, it will be just Matthew and I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

alex started school yesterday...it was a stressful day to say the least. She didn't get the teacher she wanted and most of her good friends are in the other classroom but she seemed positive when I picked her up yesterday...

Lisa said...

good luck to you and your kids at school!!

JAFP said...

Megan's going to be fine. No worries.

Unknown said...

Oh, Evil Spawn is next to her? I'm sorry. :( But I think it will help the situation, especially if the phone call went well a couple weeks ago.

If Trevor's teacher keeps the boys all together, I'll be shocked. ;) Every time Ryan has picked out his seat at Meet the Teacher, he arrives to find it switched up the next day. Can't really blame the teacher, though, hehehe...

Let's meet up with our lone children one day for lunch to celebrate!