Thursday, August 10, 2006


I was up late last night. Mike ended up staying overnight in Yuma because of the storms. The storms that seemed to hit everywhere else except here! At least we could have had some action if I had to be here by myself!

I stayed up way too late last night. I had found this photo in a shoebox and it just gave me the warm fuzzies. Add to that, this cool new Scenic Route paper, and now my favorite new Chatterbox with the yellow and green circles! I just had to scrap it. Even though it is totally simple, it still seemed to take forever. You know me though, I'm sure I will add some more to it today as it is sitting on my desk.

My kids look SO little in this picture! It is hard to believe.

Here is the journaling: I found this photo in a shoebox. I don't know what I was trying to capture when I took it, or what was going through my mind at the time. But years later (5 to be exact!) I see this photo and I just feel so happy.

It takes me back to such a simple time. I wasn't even pregnant with Matthew yet, and this is just a glimpse of a typical day back in 2001.

This room that we used as a playroom was in the front of the house. Instead of what would probably be a living room in most houses, we have a slide! This room was full of toys - the dollhouse, Trevor's favorite farm, a tricycle...

Trevor was still the baby of the family, and Megan still wasn't saying much. Her little voice finally came out in theis room because this was where the speech therapist would work with her twice a week.

This room was the heart of the house.

I absolutely adore the huge smiles on the kid's faces. This photo reminds me of those simple days.

******

The kids both had a great day at school yesterday. They were exhausted by the time they got home. It is funny how Megan was so concerned about having a male teacher this year, but she is convinced that he is the coolest teacher in the world. She said that he made them laugh all day yesterday.

Trevor said that he had a good day, but didn't meet any new friends yet. I told him by the end of next week he will know some names, and that the other kids are just as shy and nervous as he is. He really likes his teacher too. That is so important.

I think I am going to put on a movie for Matthew and go keep him company on the couch. A.K.A. a little nap. It is overcast today, on top of two horrible nights in a row. Is it bad that it is only 9:30 and I am exhausted??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - you hve been such a good blogger lately! i can't keep up! i love the 1st day of school pictures. they look so excited! hope you got to take your nap!

miss you!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how some of the most "not dazzling" photos can win a place in our heart. It's because we were there and know the exact vibe at that moment. I think it's great to scrap those photos because they are special to us. A moment in time.

Lisa said...

love that layout! those are some great papers!! i'll take a simple page from you over some over-doodled piece of "art" anyday!! HA HA

JAFP said...

I love that picture, Kerry. I really hated that house in Scottsdale, but loved the playroom. I remember how much fun they had playing for hours on end in there.

Maddy said...

CUTTE! Love the sweet journaling. It's so neat to see how your attachment to a photo can grow over the years. I love it. Sorry Mike never made it home, but I'm happy the kids had a great day at school!

Unknown said...

Great journaling, as usual! :)

A slide in the living room sounds perfect!