Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Martha Stewart has NOTHING on me!

Well this past weekend's case of cabin fever has turned into some sort of 'spring cleaningathon.'

Mike has had some huge FAA tests and whatnot, and hasn't been around much. So I have had a lot of 'me' time. Every now and then I get like this, and I suppose it is a good thing because it keeps the house clean and organized.

Today I steam cleaned my family room carpet, and my scrap room. Then I steam cleaned my kitchen chair cushions and the barstool cushions. Hey, and there is a little time left before having to go get the kids. Those air vents sure are dirty. I vacuumed the big dust off and then after sticking a wet towel and my bone folder (you can use your scrap supplies EVERYWHERE!) I finally figured out that those vents pull out of the ceiling. So outside they went to be washed with the pressure washer. No more dirt. Yay!

Might as well do the ceiling fans too. They are now clean.

All three toilets are so clean you could eat off of them (if you really wanted to I suppose.)

I'm even caught up on laundry.

I wish I knew what was wrong with me. I'm sure it is the OCD in overdrive. ;)

I even went to Lowe's yesterday to pick out some paint chips for the boy's bedrooms and the bathroom that the kids all share. I hope to start that soon. Maybe even tomorrow. I might as well harness this energy while it is here.

I don't even want to scrap right now because I keep making up little kits to take to Shanna's big 2Peas crop during CKC in a couple of weeks. I promise I am not going to sit around eating cookies and playing with my new supplies this time. I am going to work my little heart out.

So that is today. :)

- And can I mention how incredibly happy I was to find Halloween paper towels and tissue boxes at Target this morning???? I know, it is the simple things....blah blah blah.

11 comments:

mimiscraps said...

OHH Kerry - I am having a crisis I can't find any of my U2 cd's, to load on my ipod!! Glad to hear your doing good. I am sad I don't get to see you guys at the store anymore. Hope all is good!

Michelle said...

wow that's some deep cleaning! I'd say you can come do my house but everyone always says that (so I'll just think it) LOL

I sure wish our schedule worked out like it used to so we could scrap during the week. I miss that!

Anonymous said...

HEE HEE!!! YOU? OCD? HUH? Can't wait to scrap with ya girl!

Unknown said...

OK, Miss Clean Freak. Since your house is aleady clean, I nominate you to host a crop- soon! ;)

Jamie said...

Wow, Kerry. I have been in that type of mode too in fact I am even thinking about ironing. :oO I need to get an ironing board though.

Keep up the good work! And have fun painting. :o)

Anonymous said...

go go go Kerry!
You've gotta take advantage when the spirit moves you and the planets are aligned.

I'm still waiting for the forces of nature to take over here. Til then, my daughter seems to think she's Cinderella.

Maddy said...

It must be something in the air because I have been on a MAJOR nesting spree. Dustin took a whole truck loasd of stuff to DI for me yesterday and I have worked my way dejunking the entire house.

I LOOOOOOOVE the feeling after it's done!

Lisa said...

are you for hire????

Lisa said...

oh yeah--MS does have something on you--jail time! :)

Anonymous said...

come on - at least *ONE* of you clean freaks wants to take a little vacation out here in beautiful southern california!! my house, i mean I, could really use the attention, i mean company! :P

Kim said...

hmmmm just checking in to see if you've done your tag yet. nope i'm still waiting.