Monday, October 23, 2006

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!


LOL, well I was doing a search for snowbirds hoping to find an image for my post today, and apparently snowbirds are also Canada's equivalent of our Blue Angels or Thunderbirds.

But I thought the planes looked cool, so I'm still going to go with this image.

Funny though, my point of this post is about how freaking slow the snowbirds out here are. I can only WISH that they drove half as fast as THESE snowbirds!!

Ugh. I was so frustrated today. I guess in my happiness of fall, Halloween and all that good weather stuff, I forgot that in Arizona it also brings: SNOWBIRDS.

Snowbird: People (usually of the blue hair variety) who come from cold areas of the country for the winter months in Arizona. They clog up traffic, as they really don't need to be out during rush hour, yet still feel the need to be out driving. Driving at least 10 miles under the speed limit. More accurate, 20 miles under the speed limit. Of course, ususally in the left lane, which is supposed to be the faster lane. (and they will not move over.) I could also go on and on about the 'eventual left' which is when they are driving down the road with the turn signal on. You just keep hoping that they are turning, when in fact....they never will turn out of your way.

Also, these people like to make snide comments to the people who reside in Phoenix year round, about how stupid we look in our sweaters and saying that we are cold. "Cold??? You don't know cold. Where I come from....." Yeah, shaddup. YOU come live through the summer like the rest of us and see how quickly your butt starts complaining about the HEAT. "Heat? Oh yeah....you don't know heat until you have driven your car with a pair of hotpads."

I know, I sound bitter and I don't mean any offense, but I really had a bad day out with these people today. I was beginning to think that there was a target painted on the hood of my car since I almost got hit, pulled out in front of, and stuck behind....at least a dozen times today. All I'm asking is for the speed limit people. The speed limit. Is it that hard? Instead of punch buggies, I was thinking I should start a new game of how many escapee stickers I can count in one day.

So I finally made it home, safe and sound. But I bet you Arizona and warm weather state girls know exactly what I am talking about. ;)

Now I need to settle down with a huge coke.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

DRAT! I had almost forgotten about the one negative side effect that comes with the good weather. They're soooo slow. And don't go to any store with samples because they swarm and putter along.

Kerry said...

Oh geeze no. You can't go to Costco around lunch time on the weekends because they will make lunch out of the samples. Grrr.

Good reminder Maddy!

Anonymous said...

I could mount machine guns on a Cessna and go snowbird strafing for you.

That would be fun!

Unknown said...

Crap. Forgot about them, too. :(

You'd think I would have gotten clued in when the old bitty from Minnesota (who couldn't see over her steering wheel) pulled right in front of me out of a parking lot while I was happily cruising down Alma School last week. Thank God there was no one in the lane beside me, cause I had to swerve to avoid her. Ugh.

Go Home!!!