Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy birthday to me!


Well usually I am not one to toot my own horn about it, but I had to share one of the goodies that I got today!

I was at Devine Memories yesterday, and my friend Kim was there. We were talking about cute signs and such and she mentioned the Quilted Bear. It is on Southern and Gilbert. It is kind of like Coomers, with different booths with different types of craft stuff.

Man, first I have to say how incredible the place smells when you walk through the door right now with all of the fall candles, dried flowers with cinnimon sticks, cinnimon cookie presses, etc. Yummy.

So I decided I would go kill some time there while Matthew was in school. Sorry, Michelle. (This is a place where I know she'll always go with me.) Let me tell you that it really isn't a good place to go to by yourself because other people tend to look at me like I'm crazy when I squeal over something really cute and realize I don't have a friend with me to ooh and ahh with.

But....I found this ADORABLE wooden Halloween sign. I had to have it. It was calling me, and I took it home. It is happy now.

:)

*eta* I just noticed that if you click on the picture to see it larger, if you look to the right side of my black table you can see a bit of Matthew's artwork on the wall. Grr. How did I make it through two other children who NEVER did anything like this!! But, maybe he is just using his inner life artist. ;)

11 comments:

Maddy said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the cutest sign. And I love your candles. Now you're making me wish that I decorated for Halloween. Sooo cute!

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

Kerry said...

See Maddy? Halloween can be as much fun to decorate for as Christmas!

(pssst...they also had some really cute CHRISTMAS signs.)

Have I mentioned how much I love my sign? I actually keep passing the dining room just so I can peek at it.

SuburbanMom said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Kim said...

happy birthday kerry! hope it was a great one! love your sign! now it looks like i might need to make a stop over there! fun seeing you yesterday!

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!
Naturally, I love the sign- too cute! And the candles look adorable.

Anonymous said...

so cool!

Had to come visit your blog right now because Dancin' with the Stars has a couple on dancing to bon jovi :)

miss you!

Anonymous said...

ACK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY---

and I have those lil davis letters sitting on my desk for you but you never emailed me your addy!!!!

mimiscraps said...

I heard a dirty little rumor that it was your birthday! I hope you had a happy one! I tried to go to quilted bear last weekend, maybe this weekend! CUTE sign!

Anonymous said...

HAppy Birthday!!! :):)

Cute sign! Love the artwork:P

I will be there in Az on Monday...do you want to meet up??

jen

Michelle said...

It's a good thing it your birthday or I'd be really upset you went there without me! hahah

Lisa said...

that is a darn cute sign! happy birthday!!