Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lookie! Lookie!


In honor of Matthew's birthday today, I did a layout with one of my current favorite photos of him. It is funny how sometimes photos that really aren't set up, the best of lighting or whatever really become one of your favorites.

I took this one morning while I was sitting on the couch next to him. He likes to snuggle up on his daddy's leather chair. The camera was sitting on a table next to me. I absolutely adore how this turned out. Typical Matthew in the morning. Before all hell breaks loose! Ha ha! When he is still quiet and calm.

Journaling says: This is one of my favorite times of the day. Just when Megan and Trevor are off to school. Matthew sits in the leather chair, snuggling with his stuffed animals watching Curious George at the beginning of a new day, while the house is still quiet."

(and no, those aren't dirty feet...just a funky shadow.) Scenic Route and Doodlebug paper. Can't get much easier than that. And Lisa....hey, did you notice that the photo is tilted? Trust me, this is a big thing. Lisa knows how I am about that. It felt so wrong. Everything in me wants to make it straight. I'm just weird that way. I line my brad thingies up in the back of layouts so they are all going horizontal. Yep, even though nobody will ever see them, I KNOW when they aren't lined up. Ha ha!

More later. Matthew had a nice birthday today. I'm still having a hard time believing that he is four today. In one way it seems like he has been with us forever....much longer than four years. In another, it has gone by so fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny about the "not dirty feet". I would have said the same thing!

Way to go on the tilted photo. It feels weird to me to. Now the brad thing on the back, that IS weird. We all have our *things* :o)

It's a great layout. I can almost feel how peaceful it is there.

Lisa said...

i though my eyes were going funny. kerry tilted a layout?? is the world coming to an end? ha ha love it!