Monday, October 23, 2006

I have to share!


This is so cute, if I do say so myself! I got the idea from the Creating Garden this month at 2Peas.

I switched mine around a little, since I loved the tree that came in the Making Memories velvet Halloween stickers set. Then instead of ribbon on the top, I used scrap cardstock and a MM metal sign that says Trick or Treat. I also used those in the circles at the bottom, along with more velvet stars. I also just used a black frame instead of a shadow box. I didn't put any ribbon in mine, so I didn't have to worry about the bulk from the knot. The frame is cool though, it is about an inch deep, which you can't tell from the photo.

This was SO fun to make! I used all scraps of paper. Even the 'october' flash card I made using my computer. Honestly, it took me about 15 minutes. AND it is so cute sitting in my living room!

I am definitely going to make one for Christmas too. Maddy??? You totally need a Christmas one!

Anyway.... that is what I have done today since picking up the kids from school. :) It felt good to accomplish something scrap related today that I didn't really have to do any thinking with it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE IT!!!! it really is too dang cute!!!

Maddy said...

Sooooooo cute! Love love love it. I think I defnitiely need to make one for Christmas! You could make one for EVERY holiday Kerry and just switch out the papers in the frame! Dun dun dun!

Anyway, Ellie has school this morning, so I'm off to dress the children (hopefully they've actually eaten) and then Target for stuff for Nate's b-day, but I'm sure you'll hear form me at some point today!

Unknown said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it, kerry!