Friday, October 20, 2006

Now where did that go?



Is October almost over? I know. I spend so much of the year looking forward to this month. But honestly, where did it go?

I am exhausted. It starts with my birthday, then a trip out of town, Megan's birthday, her baptism, Matthew's birthday tomorrow, and finally Halloween.

It seems like it just got here and it is going to be over before I know it. I am seriously considering leaving my Halloween decorations up through November this year so I can enjoy them a little longer.

Even more shocking to me is that Matthew is turning FOUR tomorrow. It dawned on me today that he is my last chance at little kid things that I have gotten so used to over the years. Like having Fisher Price Little People scattered throughout the house. Those little things have been a part of our house for 8 years now. The cute little barn, the garage, the school bus. I actually like to play with them as much as the kids always did.

I always had to laugh when I would tip the couch on its side to vacuum and there was a horsie, or a chicken sitting in one of my plants.

FOUR? He just doesn't look four to me. Although, this does give me some hope that those terrible 3's are going to be over soon. *Please?* ;)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

yeah--kind of sad that halloween will be just a memory in a few. love that pumpkin pic!