Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh, no he didn't just say that! Did he?

I don't know why I think this is so funny. I wanted to write this down somewhere before I forgot about it.

Last week we are sitting in church. We are in the third row on the side, taking up a whole row. In front of us is the bishop's wife and two of her kids, then the row right in front had her other 3 kids. This of course, is really close to where the bishop sits up front.

So some lady is up saying the closing prayer. It was one of those long, drawn out ones. Man, I hate those. Did these people forget what it was like to have children at church with them? To make matters worse, the lady was standing too far away from the microphone, so only people up front could even barely hear her. The rest of the church was so quiet. I don't even remember hearing the usual crying babies or anything.

Matthew had done really well through the entire hour, then all of a sudden during this prayer he just says, loudly, "Pull my finger!" Oh geeze, he did not just say.....

then since I didn't react fast enough, he yells, "PULL. MY. FINGER!" You know, just incase I didn't hear him the first time.

I start feeling hot. I peek from my nodded head and notice that the bishop's entire family is laughing. Or trying really hard not to. I couldn't help it, I just started laughing too.

I had hoped that his outbreak had escaped the ears of anybody else since I was too afraid to turn around to see how many other people were snickering.

Last night I got a call from somebody, and after talking about Activity Days, she said that her entire family was laughing because of Matthew during the closing prayer. Wonderful.

This boy keeps me on my toes. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, no. Omigosh! That is hysterical! I literally had tears coming to my eyes, I was laughing so hard! What a little stinker!

So- did you ever pull his finger; and if so, what happened? ;)

Lisa said...

that is too funny--teach you to get there late and have to sit up front!! i remember the time carson was little and screamed bloody murder to give her her own sacrament cup of water--i finally did and she dipped her graham cracker in it! oh--the joys of church with young un's!!

Maddy said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so cute.