Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What in the WORLD are those anyway?????




OK, can I just say that I have the best friends EVER?!?!?!?

A few years ago we started doing obnoxious things to each other on our birthdays. Like last year because of my love of McDonald's cokes - my doorbell rang, and my front yard was a sea of McDonald's cups.

I 'thought' we had gotten to the point where we wouldn't do yards anymore because it is harder to top each person's birthday! So, I wasn't expecting a thing.

10:00 tonight the phone rings. Somebody (Dustin??) says "Ding dong" and hangs up.

Oh noooooo........that could only mean one thing!!!

My front yard was COVERED with Target gift cards on wood skewers!!! Oh my gosh, they looked so cute!!! I was laughing my butt off especially because of the recent "Are they stolen or not? scandal on 2Peas." I mean, how does somebody get this many Target cards?!?!?!?

The funniest thing is, each card has a saying on it like: loosah, nope, nada, sucks to be you.....
except for the ones that say $1 winner!!!! Yes, those girls hid 30, YES 30 one dollar gift cards within all of the blank ones!!! Hysterical!!!

So here I am looking through some of the cards:
















I wish you could see how many there were! Those girls worked HARD! The picture just doesn't show how many there really were!

So I'll break it down.... 140 blank gift cards, and 30 $1 gift cards!!! Holy cow! The fact that they were able to get so many blank ones just amazes me. Apparently Michelle has the hook up! The lady that Maddy talked to wasn't as kind. The funny thing is, I can totally picture these guys (I know Beth was in on this!) planning what they were going to do, and plotting exactly how they were going to do it!

And no, absolutely NO target cards were harmed or stolen. (Just incase this ever gets back to 2Peas you know. Ha ha!) Each one was asked for or paid for.

You guys seriously rock!!!!!!!! Thank you for making this such a special day!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! you ROCK kerry!

and you counted right. YOU WINNER YOU!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAA

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERRY! That is the sweetest thing EVER! Tammi

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Kerry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

The Double M's (and apparently a D) ROCK! They covered for me since I was busy in LaLa Land (and then Recovering Sick Kid Land), but I was there in spirit... ;)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it!!!!!

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Lisa said...

kerry--its times like these i wish i was still there to enjoy the fun!! happy birthday

Kim said...

you have great friends kerry! that looks like so much fun! looks like you had a great birthday!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

KERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday my friend! I haven't talked to you in ages! I'm so glad you have this lovely little blog :)

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

I was wondering what they were going to do this year.

It's days like this I wished I lived in AZ...

Jamie said...

Kerry, LOL! Wish I could have seen it. Happy late birthday.

Michelle said...

yes, this was a great idea. And yes, you have amazing friends. Yes even to liking the lengthy time this post stayed up...but as Shanna would say - UPDATE!

Kerry said...

But Michelle, wouldn't Shanna actually say, "UPDATE hooker!!" LOL!