Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A day at the zoo




Whew. We are on Fall break right now. This has already been a whirlwind week. Mike's mom had called last night to ask about taking the kids to the zoo this week. I told her that I was actually planning on going today, so she went with us. It was really nice, and we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather! Man, I just love this time of year. - Have I mentioned that?!? ;)

I realized that I hadn't been to the zoo in over a year. Which is a long time for me since I used to have an annual pass and spent many many days there pushing strollers around and wearing out kids. Sometimes I would go up to 3 times a week. Having the pass is nice, because you don't feel like you have to see everything. If the kids want to just go and see an elephant and then play on the treehouse for two hours, everybody is happy and we can always go back.

It was weird today getting pictures of the kids, sometimes in places where I had taken their pictures years before. Like this one of Megan. I have a picture of her in that same clamshell when she was only 6 months old. Now look how big she looks in there! And may I add looking oh so cool.



















I got a ton of great pictures today, that I am excited to scrap. Way too many to post.

On a somewhat sad note, there is a picture I have of Trevor when he was just under two years old. He is pointing at Harley the Belgian horse and has this incredibly HUGE smile on his face. It has always been one of my favorite pictures of him. Trevor remembers Harley, and when we were over in the barn area we were hoping he was still there. (He was looking pretty old even 4 years ago.) Sad to say that Harley wasn't there, and his nameplate on the barn was gone. Now there is another horse...Jack. Jack the black Shire. Who is awfully cute, but doesn't have the history that Harley had. I swear that Harley was there when I was a kid and went to the zoo. Anybody who has lived in Phoenix for years knows about Harley. One super cool horse.

So that was our day, and I have since taken a shower and gotten the zoo smell off of me. Now off to get kids in bed, who are totally wiped out after running up and down hills all day long!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have some bad mojo at our zoo with the animals and death- Ruby the elephant, the male lion, the crocodile, the rhino, Harley- and I think I'm forgetting something. Wow- that's a lotta guys to lose in just a few years. :(

So glad you guys had fun! I love the first photo!

Lisa said...

cute pics and i miss the zoo!!!

Maddy said...

WOW! You've been busy.