Sunday, October 22, 2006

Four year old fly boy!




Look who is four years old! This has been a whirlwind weekend for him. Friday he got lunch and presents from Mike’s mom and dad, then Saturday was his actual birthday, with more presents from us, then today my parents are coming over for some cake and yes, more presents. He keeps asking me why he has so many birthdays. I think that in the future we are just going to have to pick a weekend in October where all three of us birthday people just celebrate. It might be easier! LOL!

Yesterday Mike was going to go flying and had promised Megan and Trevor that they could go with him during fall break. Of course they hadn’t mentioned anything about it all week, and it isn’t like they haven’t been busy doing other things this week. So we didn’t really think they were that interested in going anymore. Then Megan ends up asking Mike about it in front of Matthew. Matthew got all excited and said that he wanted to go in an airplane for his birthday. (Of course, he uses that for everything on this day…”I want a fruit snack for my birthday, I want to go outside and play for my birthday…”

I kind of got excited too, “I want to go in an airplane for Matthew’s birthday!” After all, shouldn’t the person who gave birth to said birthday child be able to have some say? Mike called the airport and was able to get a plane.

It was such a beautiful day out, and you could see for miles. We left from Falcon Field and flew over Canyon and Saguaro Lake, and above the Superstitions. I am so lucky to be able to see these awesome things that I have lived around for years from the air. Arizona really is beautiful.

We then flew over to Williams/Gateway and did a few touch and gos there. That is FUN! Trevor was a bit freaked out about not actually stopping after landing. As soon as we landed, we were going up and taking off again. I think he actually liked it. Matthew had a blast.

Happy 4th birthday sweetheart!



















2 comments:

Maddy said...

AWWWW! What a fun birthday! Love the pictures. I think my birthday should also be dragge dout for as many days as possible. WAY TO GO MATTHEW!

Lisa said...

how fun!! little haley is coming up on four too!! our babies are getting too big!!