Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 4, Mazatlan


I was really excited about Mazatlan. The last time just Mike and I took this ship we went riding on the beach. As much as I had been around horses, the beach was the one place I've always wanted to ride one. I had to wait 34 years. Megan, well she had to wait 8.

The boys decided they wanted to go too. I was really proud of Trevor, he did great. He finally got enough courage to trot and he loved it.

Matthew started out on his own horse and was smiling like crazy when he was first put up on it. Then about five minutes later, he started that silent cry of total paralyzing fear. His head was on the saddle horn with his hands over his eyes. So I ended up riding with him. It was fine, but it had been a long time since I've been on the butt of a horse like that. I think he felt a lot better having me with him. He loved to trot and laughed about that. About half way into the ride he had enough and was ready to go back. We had promised them some time at the beach later in the day, and apparently he had a one track mind.

Megan was awesome! That girl took off and cantered up and down the beach. Mike was with her most of the time, but she loved to run as far as she could then turn the horse around to run back to where I was walking along with the boys. She smiled the entire time. The pictures are weird because this is my small pocket camera. I wish I would have taken my good one. :(

I handed Matthew off to one of the trail people. She was a sweet Mexican lady who loved kids. Then I got a chance to gallop a little myself. Megan and I raced a few times. That was really weird to be running along side of her, but SO much fun!! (Hence the bad, blurry photo that I took while cantering next to her.)























































After riding we went back to the ship to get bathing suits and head out for lunch. There was a place that we had been to a couple times before that was right on the beach and had good food. It is in an area called the Golden Zone, with a lot of resorts and shopping. The last time we were there with the kids the day was perfect, so we wanted to take them back.

This time, there were little jellyfish on the beach which immediately freaked Trevor out. He wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with that beach. So, we headed back to the ship. Which was fine because we were all getting tired and we didn't have as much time in Mazatlan as we did in PV. Plus the next day was Cabo, with the best beaches!!

No comments: