Monday, May 14, 2007

day one and two


<--- waiting to board the ship. I think Matthew was in full vacation mode.

The first two days on the ship were sea days. I love sea days. I take full advantage of the fact that my kids love the kid’s programs on the ship so they are usually gone for a few hours during different blocks of the day. I take a lot of naps. Sometimes I don’t even mean to, but I’ll fall asleep pretty much anywhere where I am stationary for more than five minutes.

Trevor had been asking since we got on the ship when the waterslide was going to open. So when it finally did we took the kids out on deck for a couple of hours. It was pretty cold on the first day, but the second day as we were in Mexico was much better. My kids were great since I could pull up a deck chair and watch them slide down from 3 decks above. Then they'd get out and run back up the stairs to the top again. Mike even went down a couple of times. I'm a wuss, and stuck to towel duty.

Both days we spent a lot of time at the slide or the pool. Trevor became somewhat of a celebrity because of it. He had the funniest scream when he would go down. A lot of people would stop to watch him, give him a high 5 or ask him if the slide was awesome. One time I was in an elevator with all three kids and an older woman asked me if he was the little boy from the slide. I answered yes, and she told me that she couldn't help but get a picture of him because she laughed for hours watching him and she wanted to remember him. Trevor would make a great cruise director since he was all over the place making friends.





















The food is always good on the ships, but man this time everything was incredible. I spent the first couple of days trying to be really good, but I soon gave in once I found the pasta station at lunch. One whiff of garlic and that was it. I think I had pasta with garlic and alfredo sauce everyday after that. Plus my own little chocolate lava cake for dessert every night. Mmmm. Man do I miss that cake.

more in a bit!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"The little boy from the slide"- haha! Too funny!

Michelle said...

On the ONE *wink* cruise I went on they had THE. BEST. bread pudding. I didn't even like break pudding before that. IT's been like 5 years and I still miss that stuff. So I feel your pain :)

Glad you had a good time. But then how could you not, right?! :)

Maddy said...

SUPER fun! *I*want to go down the slide. And who wouldn't love Trevor? more pictures! MORE! MORE!!!!! (I;ve got Beth's excalmation point disease)

I'm coming on the next cruise -- even if I have to hide in your luggage.