Friday, May 25, 2007

a little me time.


I decided no matter what I was going to scrap a little today. I haven't done it in a long time, and heaven knows the past week has been insane.
I know there seem to be a few layouts lately about Megan and clothes. I have to laugh at this a little because I realize this is the stage that we are in. She's very into clothes. Only I thought we had a few more years before this would get so big!
This layout turned out NOTHING close to what I had in my mind. I originally was going to go with orange and hot pink, with some blue in it. The photos just got lost with those colors, and I ended up with this much softer version. I like it. Even though it took me hours to do since I kept the original idea in my head. It's frustrating sometimes because this layout doesn't look like it took as long as it did! I know some of you know exactly what I mean when you sit there over a page forever!
Journaling says: I don't think there is an age limit when it comes to that irresistable urge to twirl. Like most girls, (including myself) when you put on a full skirt it is just fun!
We went to the mall to shop for some new clothes for our vacation and Megan loved this skirt. So much so that after a couple of times in the dining room on the ship, she wore it to the beach.
Now since I have completely ignored my children and the dog, I know I have a mess to clean up in the family room and kitchen. Piper discovered the garbage can, and when one of the kids came to tell me about it I just told them to put the can on top of the counter. Hey, it's officially summer vacation. ;)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

that layout is so cute! i love the softness of it--goes great with the girly, twirly skirt!

plus i love pipers bling!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

great layout! i love the soft, muted colors.

Unknown said...

Perfect color choices, Kerry!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the soft colors! Tammi

laura said...

oh - i LOVE that layout. it is gorgeous, kerry. she is turning into a beautiful young lady!

i'm so sorry about all that mike is going through!! i hope he's feeling better SOON!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It came out great! The twirl is awesome.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Super pretty paper. So, how are things looking for you guys? Mike still in the hospital?

Anonymous said...

PS that was me -- maddy