Saturday, May 19, 2007

E257

Yesterday was quite the day around here.

We have a running joke in our family and our neighborhood about how many times the fire truck E257 has had to come to our house. You know, the ambulance ride rewards card. If you get 9 punches, the 10th ride to the hospital is FREE! Haha!

Breathing trouble, seizures, anaphalactic shock, all that fun stuff.

I still swear that our other house that we lived in (same neighborhood, but 2 streets away) was built on an indian burial ground. That's when most of our bad luck happened.

BUT we have had a couple of calls at this house. Yesterday was one of them.

Long story short, Mike ended up in the hospital yesterday with a kidney stone. Not just a kidney stone, but based on the look of the nurses that look at his chart and the funky look they get on their face tells me that it is the mother of all kidney stones. 9 mm. Too big to pass, so he has to have surgery today.

I swear I have never seen him in so much pain. I think I have lost my standing of 'bad hurting' when even nurses who have had children say that kidney stones are 1000 times worse than childbirth without an epidural. I mean, how do you argue with that? This knocks me down a few levels when I'm trolling for an incredible mother's day present and I look with puppy eyes saying, "But I went through hours of labor and childbirth!!!!"

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Hope Mike feels better soon :(

Unknown said...

Ouch!!

Lisa said...

9mm or 9 pounds? hey--you can still claim motherhood as better as you have 3 cute kids and mike just has one lousy stone! but i have heard those are way painful!

Kerry said...

at least stones sleep through the night. ;)