Monday, May 21, 2007

may I please have a little rant?

Because:

a.) I have earned it

b.) Somebody up there really doesn't like me right now.

So, Mike is still in the hospital. Hopefully he'll be coming home sometime tomorrow. I am exhausted from going back and forth to the hospital and doing the stuff that still hadn't gotten done while he was away for a month. Plus getting all of the laundry and stuff clean and put away from last week's vacation.

Yeah, thank goodness for a nice vacation in between. Because I am back to single motherhood while he is in the hospital.

Tonight.... Matthew starts to tell me he isn't feeling well. I go downstairs to get some medicine. Less than a minute later I am coming back up the same stairs and the dog pooped on the middle landing part. Ugh. Before I even look up and start to walk up the remaining 9 stairs I hear,

"Blahahvhhchlhelllech."

Matthew is at the top of the stairs throwing up. Then as I go to get a bucket for him in the bathroom I noticed he had done the same thing all over the bathroom floor. In less than FIVE minutes, I now had about an hour of clean up to do.

Then believe it or not, Megan is up in my bathroom throwing up. WTH???

All I was hoping for tonight was to watch a few episodes of CSI and Desperate Housewives.

Motherhood is grand.

I mean, I do love it. But did you ever think back when you were newly married that someday your entire life would revolve around poop, puke and other bodily functions of OTHER people? It is amazing how tough we get as time goes on.

Now, I'm trying to see the bright side of this whole thing. My steam clean machine has come out of the closet since getting the puppy. Now it just resides in the hallway. Piper hasn't had many accidents, but when she does it is easier to just fill this with hot water and clean it up. All I can say is thank goodness for technology. Thank goodness to Hoover for making something that cleans up puke and dog messes off of my carpet and tile.

Does anybody want to trade with me for awhile??? Pleeeeeease? ;)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

will you still be my friend if I decline that ever so gracious offer of taking over puke patrol?

Dude, I love you. Hang in there :) Hope things turn around over there!

Lisa said...

so sorry!!! gosh--you deserve a rant! actually you deserve some hard liquor! hope things get better there soon!

jen paddack-hyde said...

no thank you:P

LOL. So sorry you have to deal with all that. Now I remember why I only have one child and no dogs:D

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound fun! I am sorry about your husband and kids. May the force be with you! Tammi

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! Oh Man Kerry.... If I lived next door I'd leave a McD's diet coke and some fabulous take out on your front step!

(I'm scared of puke. Last week a kid in nursery got PUKED ON by another kid. I swear I'd go inactive if that happened to one of my kids. I can barely handle my own kids puke. Hang in there!! )