Tuesday, May 29, 2007

rock climbing wall


Aw, now I want to write something smart and meaningful about 'reaching for your goals' and all that good stuff... but I can't do mush right now. Instead... this is what we did today and that is my little girl two stories above my head on a rock climbing wall. Awesome.

I had activity day with the church girls today. We went to a place in Gilbert that has a three story rock climbing wall, in air conditioned coolness. They all had so much fun!! Most of the girls had never done this before, and they all did great! A few of them made it all the way to the top, which I couldn't believe. They make it look really easy.

I am taking Trevor back this week since I saw him climb a rock wall at a school carnival once. He'll love this. The best is, it is $3 per child and they can climb for more than an hour if they want! I am sure we'll be doing this a lot this summer.

The pictures aren't that great unfortunately. :(





















One more little update. I know I haven't been around much because of everything going on in our house right now. Mike is going in for surgery tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last of it, and I'm crossing my fingers for NO complications. Wish us luck!

Then hopefully things will be back to normal. As normal as can be at least! ;)

5 comments:

laura said...

that is so cool that she did that, kerry! you should be proud! :)

i'll be thinking of you and mike tomorrow. update us when you can!

(((hugs)))

Jamie said...

What a great activity for the girls. Emily would be so jealous. She's been begging me to take her to the big rock wall at REI over in a Seattle.

Thoughts and prayers for you and Mike tomorrow....

Unknown said...

Very cool! Ryan went to a rock climbing place in Tempe (I think?) and had a blast, but this one looks really neat, too! I'll have to look into this for the kids this summer. :)

I hope the surgery goes well!

Maddy said...

FUNNNNNN! I want to be AD leader. Boo hoo! Maybe I'll call myself.

Hope things go well with the surgery

Anonymous said...

Well said.