Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Guess who is home! Well, sort of. His body is here, but he isn't exactly 'here.' He's awake in between pain killer doses for a few minutes.

I wasn't sure if Mike was coming home today or not. I had both boys with me (Trevor came home yesterday from school with a tummy ache, and I kept him home today.) We went to Jack In The Box and Petsmart. Since we were already on Val Vista I thought I'd stop by the hospital with them and see what was going on. Mike was pacing and ready to go.

So the strange thing is... the stone is still there. He had a cat scan yesterday and it shows that it is still the same size and still in there. Plus a stint now. Um, weren't they supposed to use a laser to break up the stone? Guess the surgeon forgot. He's kind of a dolt. He hasn't communicated with Mike at all since before the surgery.

So I'm a little nervous about him being home and the problem really hasn't been fixed. Hmmm. He has a call in to his doctor, so we'll see where we go from here.

Anyway...

The best part of leaving today was watching two separate couples taking new babies home. I saw one family in the elevator, and another family when I was waiting in the car for them to wheel mike down.

The doors opened and there was a new mom with dad holding the baby carrier. (Brown with pink polka dots! I soooo want a baby now just for the car seat!!! How cute!!!)

I watched dad go get the minivan, and then watched as a brand new person went out into the world for the first time. The first time outside, and past the hospital doors. I know, I always think to much about stuff like this. But wow, really what a cool thing if the baby only understood what a huge step that first day is.

You've been inside the walls of a hospital, you are totally equal with all of the other babies in the nursery around you, and then you go out into the real world. An official person now. A brand new life ahead of them! Every single thing is brand new!

I was thinking about this not long ago too. (It was when I was helping Megan clean her room and realized exactly how much stuff this 8 year old has accumulated.) Seriously, a baby comes into the world with nothing. Not a shirt, nothing. Before you realize it, this person has a room, furniture, clothes to put in there, toys, books, food, everything. It really is amazing. Then they only get more as time goes on. This whole circle of life thing is really pretty amazing.

I should have snuck into the nursery to go peek at them while I was there. Babies are so cute!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

He hasn't communicated with Mike at all since before the surgery
are you kidding me? That's crazy!! and just plain wrong. How are you supposed to know what's going on? surgeouns! HUMPH! I'd be on the phone leaving message after mesage until he called my fat pesky ass back! :)

Michelle said...

oh DER! I forgot. prolly should say CONGRATS for mike being there, at least in body, if not in altered spirit :)

Lisa said...

brown with pink polka dots? OK--this IUD is coming out!! ha ha

glad mike is home!

Maddy said...

Kerry --

I just caught up on your blog! Are you in the sixth circle of hell or what? You poor girl! I had no idea it was this bad!!! I feel like I should be doing something. Diet Coke run around 3? I got your e-mail and I'll respond later today. I'm too lazy when I'm nursing to write a big old e-mail (not that this isn't a big old comment).