Thursday, March 08, 2007

ahhh, the smell of fall.



Have you seen this on Heidi Swapp's blog?

From Heidi:

"So in my opinion, there are 2 kinds of scrapbooking… There is the kind that is to inspire and impress… and for ‘show’… the ones that you want to dial it up a bit… try something new, incorporate cool techniques and freshies… Then… there is the ‘reality scrapbooking’… the kind that is no pressure… fun. Doesn’t take forever to complete, they flow. The focus is on capturing the moments… the memories."

Not that I can't think that up by myself, but why is it for some reason after seeing it in print someplace else you just stop for a minute and think, "Yeah!"

I have a growing pile of photos on my desk. I keep getting frustrated with them, and want to do something, but for some reason I keep feeling that I need to "dial it up" as mentioned. Then I have to remember I'm doing them for me, take a deep breath and do something. Something is at least better than nothing. Even though I torture myself and I WILL redo a page if it doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling when I am done with it. I just know. There is no rhyme or reason, but I know which ones are ready for a book and which ones are just 'eh.' And it will bug me like a wedgie in my underwear until I figure out what exactly it is that is off.

But tonight I am excited. My friend Jayme gave me this little candle. She knows I like candy corn and how much I love Halloween and Fall. She also likes to taunt me by singing "I don't like candy corn" which was a Moose E. Moose and Zee commercial on Nick Jr. during Halloween season. So tonight, I am going to hole up in my room, turn the AC down to a frigid temp, light my candle and pretend it is fall all over again - all while doing some 'reality scrapping.'

Trevor also has a first grade program tonight... complete with speaking part! :)

2 comments:

laura said...

i love all of your stuff lately - you've totally been dialing it up!

and THANKS!! now i am going to have that moose e moose song in my head! ;)

Lisa said...

you aren't on dial up--you got cable woman! straight up! your layouts are always fabulous and if we weren't friends i would be stealing your ideas left and right!!! hmmm a candy corn candle? now that sounds yumm!