Thursday, March 15, 2007

little dragons, crouching megan.



After a little dinner therapy at Chili's I am feeling much more mellow than I was this afternoon. I still never made it to the beach in Mexico though. ;)

Tonight the kids had karate. This was the second lesson, and the first time that Megan was separated from the boys. She was too big and learning too quickly to be put with the little guys.

The boys did great during their class, and I still love to see the look they get on their faces when the instructor tells them that they have to kick each other. ---Mom tells us not too, but once we put on these sparring gloves and hold big pads we are allowed to? Pretty cool. ;)

Megan's class was hysterical tonight. They put her in with three other boys who are in the gold belt class. (I think it is the next level up from white, not sure.) Anyway... one boy in the class kept flinching when Megan came near him. She was doing everything the instructor was telling her to do, but apparently she freaked him out. At one point, he even said, "She kicked me!!!!" I felt bad. I couldn't help but laugh. This kid's face was so funny when he got paired up with Megan a couple of times.

After the lesson the instructor came up to us and said, "That girl is tough. She is going to be wicked someday if she decided to keep up with karate."

That is my dream. Have a teenage girl that all teenage boys are afraid to ask out for fear of her being able to give them a roundhouse kick when she gets mad!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the karate place by my house, right??? I recognize the fountain in the back. Noah went there for years. You'll love it! Mike E. Is really cool and I hear they got some great new teachers!

michelle

Anonymous said...

Very cool thing for your kids to do. I think Megan is gonna be pretty tough anyway with 2 brothers to contend with!

I read about your day yesterday and holy cow.....that's just nutty. Ringing, buzzing, barking, kids all that. I hope today is calmer, it is Friday after all.

Maddy said...

LOVE IT! How cool are you???

Sorry you ended up with all the kids over there. I know how you feel some days. It's like you can't even breathe because there are so many children running in and out of the house. I'll be glad for Spring Break to be over and all the neighborhood kids to be gone during the day! :)

Oh, and I love Chili's! Did you have a molten lava cake?

Anonymous said...

That is good stuff! TOUGH GIRLS RAWK! I will tell you I have never heard of Justice before, but finally saw it in Avondale or something, I had to check it out since you seem to find such GREAT stuff there! FUN STUFF! Take care, Tammi

laura said...

that is so great! i think it is great for her to do that! your go, megan!! :)

Jamie said...

That's a great dream, Kerry.

Signing Emily up for Karate tomorrow.... ;)

Lisa said...

great pics! my girls did karate for a while and loved it. great sport/hobby to do! i think it teaches a lot of good things--discipline, strength. are they gonna have numchuck skills? :)