Wednesday, March 28, 2007

you have to love technology.

How sad are we?

It is late.

Mike is upstairs paying bills, and I am downstairs on the opposite end of the house on my computer.

I need to ask him a question.

Do I get up, go upstairs and ask?

No. I try to instant message him. When that doesn't work, I call him from the house phone because I know that he'll have his cell phone right up there with him.

Lazy, lazy, lazy. But boy do I love technology!!! I wonder if someday I'll be able to close my eyes and just 'think' my question to him. :)

8 comments:

Kim said...

that's too funny kerry. that happens at our house too often!

Anonymous said...

you aren't the only one :)

Jamie said...

I'm guilty too. Who needs a home intercom system when you have a cell phone. :)

Lisa said...

it's a good thing he answers his cell phone! i'm just sayin'!

Anonymous said...

Luckily we can get away with just yelling loudly at our house. The I don't even have to pick up a phone. We have IMed before.

Maddy

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lisa! Peter seems to discard everything modern (and even not to modern) the minute he walks in the door. err....well except PC3! hahaha

But to get him to answer a phone, even the land line, is nearly impossible. I dread I'm some accident or worse, JAIL, and that ONE phone call goes unanswered because he's "done for the day" hAHAHAA

Michelle

Anonymous said...

The other night, at my sister's house, her daughter (who was in her bedroom) called my sister, on her cell phone, to ask if it was time to eat! I had to laugh, but now I see that we can all benefit from technology in the smallest ways.
Kaelene

Unknown said...

Texting, IMing, calling cells, calling the second line, using the house intercom, emailing, using the kid's walkie-talkies and even paging almost 14 years ago- we've done it all from as little as two rooms apart! ;)