Monday, March 12, 2007

Matthew pulls a Britney Spears.

I don't have a picture, and I doubt I'll get one. I'm a little ticked.

Matthew was long overdue for a haircut. So today Mike took him to go get one. He comes back and I thought he looked SO cute! The girl did a really good job on his hair today. Life is good, right?

A couple of hours later, I finally got up off the couch (I'm stiiiiill sick.) and decide I'll venture outside to water a potted tree. Matthew comes out to the back patio all excited and saying, "Look mommy! I did my hair and it is almost all gone!"

"What do you mean it is all gone?" I turn around, and there he is. Standing there with a perfect circle on the top of his head where he had taken scissors and cut until he had a huge bald spot.

How did I manage to make it through two other kids who could have cared less about trying to cut thier own hair? I thought moms made this story up, surely kids don't really do this right?

Now we're trying to figure out what to do. I'm sure he'll end up just getting the whole thing buzzed, and he'll look like Charlie Brown for a few weeks.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

i feel for you. anna was my haircut girl--6 times in one year. pure torture! i predict lots of baseball hats!!

Maddy said...

Oh no! We defintiely need pictures! At least it was Matthew and not Megan!!!

jen paddack-hyde said...

thank goodness it wasn't tatooes at least:P

Let's see a picture...you'll look back on this later and laugh...much later of course...20 years or so...after his son has done the same thing:D

Anonymous said...

Man, that stinks. Kids, they do the darndest things! I would CRY if one of my girls did that! Tammi

Unknown said...

Ryan did it at 7 (WTH??!!) and Erin at three. Total stinkers.