Sunday, March 25, 2007

new pictures!



Some things just take your breath away. See that little girl? That is my baby girl almost 9 years ago.

Not too long ago I found a box that had a bunch of my old APS film canisters in them. Seriously, about 40 of them, some of which I had NO idea what was on them. I finally took them all to Costco to be put on disk so I can save the pictures on my computer with the rest of my photos.

It has been fun finding pictures that I thought were for sure lost. Like hospital pictures from Megan and Trevor, and a lot of newborn pictures. Look at me, all cool and stuff doing the sheet on the couch photo shoot! LOL! I hope that some of my baby photography skills have been sharpened since then, but remember these were the film days when you had NO idea what kind of picture you got.

I remember this day.... she was wiggly, which is partly why the sheet is so messed up. I don't think I realized that a 2 month old doesn't sit up by themselves yet. I tried to get pictures before she would fall over sideways. (There are a few of those!) and this is her in her blessing dress. Awwww.

Seeing these newborn pictures of Megan seriously put a lump in my throat. I had just been in bed with her talking to her about our day and playing with her bangs until she fell asleep. I wish there was a way back in 1998 to have been able to get a glimpse of the little girl she is now. Just to have been holding this little baby and know more about the person she is, her personality and everything. It has been fun learning and growing with all three of my babies, but that would still be pretty cool.

I am so excited to have these new pictures, and the chance to fix some of them with the technology of digital and photoshop. Some of my original photos have been scratched from 10+ moves, (and all of my page re-dos. Haha, just kidding Lisa!) or lighting was bad, or I didn't notice that an otherwise perfect picture has a basketball hoop pole sticking out of my child's head. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet!!

Unknown said...

Yay- Kerry has previously unscrapped baby photos that she can now scrap without undoing a layout! ;)

So sweet!

(And I have read and loved your previous entries, but I have way too many blogs to catch up on to comment. Just wanted you to know that I read them ALL!). ;)

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

awwww!!! that makes me feel all excited for you but melancholy at the same time. i look at my niece and can't believe that she's going to be eleven weeks old tomorrow.

Maddy said...

BOO HOO! I am so stinking emotional tonight as it is. I was holding Sadie thinking about what an angel she is. I can't believe soon she'll be a sassy little thing that I can't get to stop talking. Can I just keep her this age forever?????? I love it -- 2 months is magical. You can come suck in some of Sadie's sweetness and remember Megan. Oh yeah, and come take some pictures of my baby for me, too.

Lisa said...

that is such a cute picture! i am so glad it doesn't have to be re-done!! ha ha

laura said...

oh, that is so neat, kerry. what a special treat! :) what a cute baby she was.

Anonymous said...

That is so special Kerry! When I read that you wanted to rewind to 1998, I just sighed, wanting to rewind to 1988 (the year Chelsea was born) and take it all in again.

Maybe you need another baby in your family? Just a suggestion.