Saturday, March 31, 2007

horsey day



This is Larry. Megan's partner for the day.

I dropped her off at the stable this morning for her horse clinic. My boys were being good and sitting in the car playing game boys, so I was able to sit and watch the girls for awhile. They all sat on hay bales and got a lesson on the parts of all of the tack, and all of the grooming stuff. Girls and horses are so funny.

The instructor had their attention for all of 15 minutes. Then she asked, "How many of you just want to ride horses?" Then every hand when up.

I left Megan while she was grooming Larry, and then she was going to saddle him.

She is armed with sunscreen and sudafed (she's allergic to horses!! Of all things.) I think she is in for a great day. The weather couldn't be more perfect either.

Now I'm off to take the boys out to do something! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! And I love her bandana and sunglasses. She looks so grown up!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute pictures! Now we need some BOY pictures! Do you have a son? ;)

I'm glad Megan had fun, and even happier for you -- you get to pass on your love to your daughter.

Maddy

Lisa said...

that is so cool!! i love it!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

oh how fun! she's going to have a great time (even if she is allergic to horses... poor thing!)

i hope you and they boys had fun, too.

laura said...

i agree with beth - she looks SO grown up in that picture - and so happy, too! i'll bet she had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic picture! I would blow that thing up to 11x14, put it in a frame and hang it in my bedroom! She looks so happy and content. What a neat day.

Michelle said...

LOVE that photo!!!

What fun for mom...err I mean Megan LOL

Anonymous said...

FREEEEEEEEEEEAKING CUTE!!!!