Thursday, March 15, 2007

I loooooooove spring break. Can you hear the sarcasm?

If I was a drinking person, today would be one of those days that I would get snokered. Seriously.

Mike had left early this morning to head to the airport. Then the doorbell rings at 7:45. It is my friend's husband dropping off their baby that I am watching today. I had set the alarm last night, but I am wondering if the cat stepped on the alarm clock and turned it off. She has done this before, and when I shot out of bed she was sitting on the side table mocking me. She probably does this on purpose.

Then the appraiser dude gets here 45 minutes early to check out the house. All fine and good, but still a little stressful since I had JUST gotten out of the shower in time to answer the door with dripping wet hair. I'm a person who appreciates getting places early, but not when I stink. My shower is priority! ;)

Apparently I am also the go to girl today. Another friend calls and has an emergency with her 8 year old daughter. So she asked if I could watch her three boys, ages 4 - 10. No problem really because her younger boy and Matthew are the same age and play together nicely outside on the swingset. The older two boys and Trevor are into Pokemon and played with trading cards and Nintendo. They were the easy ones.

But during this time, the doorbell rings. FedEx man. Why do the FedEx, UPS and postal people ring the doorbell about 5 times??? Resulting in my dog barking like crazy, and all three of my kids running to the door to see who it is? It is always a commotion.

The phone keeps ringing. Apparently Limited Too and Justice are both having 'like totally great sales!' this week that I cannot miss out on! The person leaving the messages sounds like cheerleader Barbie.

It is one of those days that reminds me of the Calgon commercials, and I keep thinking of that big old margarita that Beth had that we kept kidding her was the size of her head. Mmm mmm. Yes, that sounds good right about now. If I time it right, I could head to Mexico and be sitting on the beach sipping on one of these by sunset! Anybody want to join me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooooooooo there with you girl. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed some liquor. LOL

Unknown said...

I'll trade you a couple extra kids and a FedEx guy for one un-housebroken puppy... :P

jen paddack-hyde said...

I would so be right there with you and I will drink YOUR margarita for you:)

laura said...

jen and i can fight over your margarita! ;)

i am a little tired after reading that post, kerry. i think a vacation is definitely in order. and YES - i hate it when someone rings my doorbell. it makes mydog insane!